We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Doruk hotel review

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
63 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Doruk hotel review

Hi all just returned to east midlands this morning from gorgeous icmeler,this was our third stay at the doruk and was welcomed by Jan,mehmet,and neurie (apologies for the spelling),we were greeted like old friends shown to the rooms dropped the cases in the suite with a sea view that are well worth the extra money the views are perfect,straight down to the restaurant and sat with ice cold beer chatting with these people that we are honoured to call friends,Mustapha the owner is a true gentleman always checking that everything is ok with your stay,Ahmed & Jan nephew and son are the same as Mustapha nothing is to much trouble, mehmet the restaurant manager is a lovely lovely man who keeps in touch all through the year his staff serdar chef and the night man and maintenance man neurie are all different personalities but are fantastic,serdar is just like a typical young man from the uk and makes me laugh everyday even though his english is very limited but we manage to communicate somehow,the doruk is spotless the maids work extremely hard everyday with fresh towels daily the restaurants food is as good as anywhere in icmeler at a fraction of the cost of some of the more popular well reviewed restaurants,but ultimately the reason people keep returning to the doruk is the people from Mustapha down including friends of the family including yusuf who's mother is Christine who used to own the Geordie bar so his english is amazing and I enjoy sitting talking to him about football and getting a perspective on life in turkey with a English mum he really is a nice guy and popped down most nights and sat waiting for a couple of hours with us for our transfer and waived us off, mehmet the restaurant manager is married to Kimberley who is from Holland is a lovely young woman and having met Kim's father last year we met her sister daniella who is also lovely and was a pleasure speaking to both on the boat trip that they arranged for us and most days/nights just chatting like the friends that we have become,I have been going to icmeler for many many years but the doruk is a small friendly clean hotel that once you have been you will keep returning year after year we have already booked to return on the 10th of September and even though we only got back early hours of this morning we are already counting the days till we return, thank you everyone associated with the doruk hotel for making our holiday so enjoyable and we look forward to seeing you all in September.

5 replies to this topic
Eastleigh, United...
Level Contributor
204 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Doruk hotel review

Great review k blackamore i can feel your passion for the place/people. We also feel like that.

Offer me a week in Turkey or a month in Spain and im going to Turkey all day long.

Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Spain
Spain
Europe
Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
63 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Doruk hotel review

I was just saying the same to our Turkish friends that they would not believe how some not all but some Spanish staff are,the service is terrible and sometimes very ignorant, polar opposite of the hospitality in turkey

Level Contributor
23 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Doruk hotel review

Great review & are looking forward to meeting these lovely people when we stay there next May.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
63 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Doruk hotel review

You will not regret it part of me wants to keep it quiet for selfish reasons this really is a gem of a hotel

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Treasure Island, Orlando
Level Contributor
5,978 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Doruk hotel review

I agree totally, we stayed in the doruk hotel and suites for the 1st time last month, spotless, they couldn't do enough for us, made our stay so much more enjoyable, mustapha showed us the attic and suites to compare, were going back in September, I put a review on straight away, can't recommend this place enough..

Reply to: Doruk hotel review
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations