We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from the Atlanta airport

Kiev, Ukraine
1 post
Transportation from the Atlanta airport
Save

I am relocating to Kennesaw early in May. I have been looking for the transportation options from the Atlanta airport to Kennesaw. Unfortunately, it seems as there are no shuttle service available. Can someone recommend a taxi service which would have the most reasonable fare? Or, perhaps, there is a shuttle service of which I am unaware?

Marietta GA
1 post
1. Re: Transportation from the Atlanta airport
Save

I am relocating myself in the next few weeks. Were you successful in finding a shuttle service or inexpensive taxi service?

Kennesaw, GA
Level Contributor
26 posts
51 reviews
89 helpful votes
2. Re: Transportation from the Atlanta airport
Save

Well, obviously this is SUPER late in a response, but just in case it comes up again...

I live up in Kennesaw and it's a pain getting to and from the airport. I'm not sure what a taxi would run, but it's about 40-45 miles. A sedan service will, with tax and tip, take you close to $100 for 3 passengers, more for a bigger car. There are some shared shuttles (check out the Atlanta airport home page for ground transportation, and look for either Kennesaw or Cobb County) but I'm not sure how they work, it seems unlikely many people would be coming out this way. But maybe! Public transportation is pretty bad too, because though MARTA (the subway) goes to the airport, it doesn't come up in the northwest part of Atlanta where Kennesaw is.

There are two other options that I came up with when I was brainstorming things to do, and they are:

1. You could take one of the hourly shuttles, or perhaps a shared shuttle, to some 'further away from the airport' location and then take a cab from there. At least you'd cut the cab fare down a bit. There's regular service every hour by A&M Limo Corp (http://www.aandmlimo.com/airportshuttle.asp), the trip should take about 30-40 minutes depending on traffic and last I checked was about $20 one way. You'd still need to go another 10-15 miles up the road from the Windy Hill spot to get to Kennesaw , though.

2. You could try public transportation. I have no idea how Cobb Country Transit works (or doesn't work) for the airport. Their site is here: http://www.cobbdot.org/cct.htm. Good luck! The best I could tell is that you'd take a bus from Kennesaw to the Marietta Transit Center (something like route 45 cuts through a lot of Kennesaw), and then transfer to something like the 10 to the MARTA station, and then take MARTA to the airport. But that'd be a long haul. The length of bus route 45 takes about an hour, and then route 10 to MARTA would take another hour, and then to the airport plus connecting times is easily another hour and... well, this could take a while. Probably be pretty cheap. An alternative to cut the time down (with just a small bump in cost) is to take an express bus, if you're going during a workday commute time. The site's here: http://www.xpressga.com/. You could cut the 'Kennesaw to Marta station' time down to 30-40 minutes I bet.

Kennesaw
2 posts
3. Re: Transportation from the Atlanta airport
Save

Hi! We're moving to Kennesaw (from New Jersey) in exactly 2 weeks from today. I would like to know the best and cheapest car service that would take us to and from Kennesaw to the airport. Any suggestions? We do not want to take public transportation because I am having surgery in NYC and will be in a lot of pain, because I will not be able to carry luggage and any help would be so greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

From soon to be a Kennesaw resident and can't wait because we hate New Jersey

Kennesaw, GA
Level Contributor
26 posts
51 reviews
89 helpful votes
4. Re: Transportation from the Atlanta airport
Save

Ah, just saw your post too! I replied to you in a private message, but just for reference...

Atlanta Airport has a list of metro area shuttles on their page at: http://www.atlanta-airport.com/Default.asp?url=sublevels/ground_transportation/gtpage.htm

I would look under Kennesaw and Cobb County both, in case the lists are different. You can call/email to get quotes.

As I said, I went with Airport Metro Shuttle. They're a shuttle, but I had them work as a private transport for me, and paid $75 (I think) each way. The trip to my house is about 30-35 miles from the airport. I didn't shop around all that much so you might be able to get a better deal somewhere else.

Be aware that I had to walk a relatively long way (maybe a quarter of a mile?) from the airport to the row for the metro shuttle. It might be different if I had called them in advance like I was supposed to, though. If you have difficulties walking, I would verify the distances involved. The metro shuttles are the furthest public transportation point from the airport.

Kennesaw
2 posts
5. Re: Transportation from the Atlanta airport
Save

Thank you! Will definately check it out. I really do not want to walk, not being lazy, it's just after surgery that will have me out of commission. I'll let you know how this goes, thanks again!

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
12,863 posts
97 reviews
255 helpful votes
6. Re: Transportation from the Atlanta airport
Save

If the shuttle is too expensive, I would recommend taking MARTA as close to Kennesaw as you can (probably the Arts Center, Lindbergh or Dunnwoody station), then taking a taxi. You would at least cut out the cost of taking MARTA through the city.

dudedaresi
1 post
7. Re: Transportation from the Atlanta airport
Save

I have been using this service for a while.. check out this page..

http://www.2apc.com/service.html

Gwinnett
1 post
8. Re: Transportation from the Atlanta airport
Save

I am not sure if this is either to late or can assist anyone in your area, however, I will be starting a new shuttle service in late October or early November 2007. I will service the entire Atlanta area, to provide shuttle service for individuals such as yourself. Of course group packages will be less expensive. I look forward to offering you the best service possible. Should you have any questions, feel free to contact me at ernest_c_moore@yahoo.com

Missouri City, Texas
Level Contributor
5 posts
29 reviews
36 helpful votes
9. Re: Transportation from the Atlanta airport
Save

Try Groome Transportation. I've used them to/from the ATL airport. They have 10 person vans that run between ATL and Chattanooga. They will stop in Kennesaw if you ask, at the Chastain Road exit from I-75. They drop off at the Chevron station (going north), and pick up at the Shell station (going south). They charge $29 one way.

http://www.groometransportation.com/chattanooga.htm

10. Re: Transportation from the Atlanta airport

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

Tripadvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet Tripadvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: March 20, 2009, 6:15 am
Get answers to your questions about Kennesaw
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.