We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Girls’ weekend - recommended activities?

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
219 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Girls’ weekend — recommended activities?

We are planning an upcoming girls’ weekend in NOLA (3 of is in total) this month and besides eating and drinking, we are looking for some advice on don’t-miss activities during some of our time there. We will be there for a long weekend (Friday afternoon through Monday early afternoon) so best days for activities would really be Sat and Sun. We’d like to do a ghost hunting tour (favorite recommendations?) and are open to ideas for other things. We will be staying in the French Quarter and will not have a car. Thanks in advance!!

16 replies to this topic
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
3,026 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Girls’ weekend — recommended activities?

What age group are we talking?

San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
17,834 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Girls’ weekend — recommended activities?

There are some good walking and bike tours that you can take. I like the Historic New Orleans Walking Tour Co and Confederacy of Cruisers.

There are also some house tours available. The Herrman-Grimma house is my favorite tour, probably followed by the Beauregard-Keys house.

Taking the streetcar out to the Garden District is neat - lots of great old houses and beautiful trees - then take a stroll through the Garden District.

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
219 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Girls’ weekend — recommended activities?

Late 30s/early 40s. Thanks!

Canton, Georgia
Level Contributor
336 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Girls’ weekend — recommended activities?

I love the bike tours by Confederacy of Cruisers. Another fun thing is to take a cooking class at the cooking school.

Schulenburg, Texas
Level Contributor
2,023 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Girls’ weekend — recommended activities?

Another nod for cooking school, specifically The New Orleans School of Cooking demonstration class.....fun, educational, and filling.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
52,195 posts
1,742 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Girls’ weekend — recommended activities?

A +2 for New Orleans School of Cooking. Both interactive, and demonstration: https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-… earlier, I did a review of the interactive cooking class.

Will add a wine tasting at Wine Institute of New Orleans (W.I.N.O)? https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-…

Just some thoughts, and enjoy!

Hunt

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
751 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Girls’ weekend — recommended activities?

almost every time we go, I like to visit a drag show. They are loads of fun

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
9,759 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Girls’ weekend — recommended activities?

Another vote for New Orleans School of Cooking. Taking a Segway tour of the Quarter is a lot of fun, but might not be too comfortable in the summer heat. A tour of Mardi Gras World is fun (look for discount tickets on Groupon or Living Social) and they will pick you up in the Quarter.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
38,917 posts
626 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Girls’ weekend — recommended activities?

Consider the New Orleans' Original Cocktail Tour

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
57 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Girls’ weekend — recommended activities?

I recently did a cocktail making class at Drink Lab Nola for a bachelorette party and it was great! We got to make (and drink) three cocktails. It was a great activity to do before (or after) dinner. They do a little food to start with (Jambalya) which I did not even try (a bit of a Jambalya snob I guess) but just enough to have something in your stomach before all that drinking.

In general, just taking a ride on the St. Charles Street car and hopping off to wander around Oak street or a long walk around audubon park (which is beautiful and has a great running/walking/biking trail) is a great and inexpensive activity for a group.

City Park has a little mini golf course you can drink on and hit up Morning Call (a locally prefered -- or this local preferred-- beignet spot. You can also pick up paddleboards/canoes/kayaks near city park and paddle about Bayou St. John.

Heard a lot of great thinks about various ghost tours, so I would not discourage you from that route. I just haven't actually been on any to recommend a particular company.

Reply to: Girls’ weekend — recommended activities?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about New Orleans