We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

June weather

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Topic
June weather

Hi all,

We're scheduled to arrive in NOLA 6/19 and I'm wondering how bad the weather really is on June. Weather reports show scattered thunder storms for the three nights we're going to be there. We're worried we won't ever leave the hotel if it's that bad and rather not go if that's the case. The last time we were there it was June and it was great but June looks pretty bad. Any input would help. Thank you!

Special Offer
Steamboat Natchez Jazz Dinner Cruise
1,066 Reviews
from US$44.50*
US$48.00
Experience Cajun Country: Swamp Boat...
772 Reviews
from US$176.00*
Special Offer
Steamboat Natchez Harbor Cruise
753 Reviews
from US$31.50*
US$34.00
6 replies to this topic
Mitchell, South...
Level Contributor
3,571 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: June weather

Hot and humid with potential for afternoon showers is the summer norm here. The showers are usually scattered and last about an hour then the sun, heat and humidity return. Recommend small umbrella and disposable rain poncho. This past weekend was typical with brief showers Sunday afternoon.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,997 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: June weather

Hot and Humid with some hot and humid mixed in

Tupelo, Mississippi
Level Contributor
58 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: June weather

You will have a minimum of 40% chance of rain almost every day from June through September. They are typically scattered and may last less than an hour. They may be heavy, but will rarely last all day. Carry an umbrella and just go into a local shop until they pass.

College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
12,986 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: June weather

Relaxing in a French Quarter bar with a view out to the street, watching the rain hit the street and banquette (sidewalk) and the folks trying to stay dry, while listening to a great jukebox and visiting with locals or frequent City visitors, is a pretty good way to pass an hour or two.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
1,428 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: June weather

It's like trying to predict an earthquake in California.

If you're looking at the Weather Channel, its been all over the place. Here in SC it will say 90% chance of thunderstorms tomorrow, then we wake up and it's 10% and sunny. There's always a chance for daily rain in the subtropical US in June, especially as the day heats up, but rarely all day long. At least a dozen trips to New Orleans in May, June, July and only had one day that was a complete washout.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
5,480 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: June weather

Loopwhole's solution is the correct one IMHO

Reply to: June weather
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted