We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

On our way back to Indiana

Saint John, Indiana
Level Contributor
444 posts
34 reviews
42 helpful votes
On our way back to Indiana
Save

We had a fabulous mini-vacation and are halfway home now. Our first night we ate at The Apple Barn and went boot shopping before driving into Gatlinburg. When we checked into Reagan Resorts the staff was very nice and helpful. Our room was large, very clean and comfy. We went out to the parkway to listen to some bluegrass then went to bed. The next morning we went to roaring fork (loved it!) And went to Country Tonight. It's a long show and worth the money. We ate at Wood Fire Grill and for a buffet, it was pretty good. For supper we grabbed a Five Guys burger and shared fries. Really nice people there too! We went back to roaring fork the next morning and walked Gatlinburg. Our lunch was a Sampler Platter at Howard's Steakhouse. WOW! We shared it and still couldn't eat it all. Wings, 'shrooms, catfish, chicken tenders, loaded potatoes, mozzarella sticks and 7 sauces.About $25 including tea for both of us. We got in the car and went out to get lost-on-purpose :) Drove over toward Cosby and went into the park from there. Had a late super st Loco Burro. Chicken Fajitas. Ordered the medium size and there was more than we could eat.

It was a fabulous trip and I miss the mountains already.

Nashville, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
5,216 posts
86 reviews
37 helpful votes
1. Re: On our way back to Indiana
Save

Thanks for the TR!

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
22,501 posts
115 reviews
72 helpful votes
2. Re: On our way back to Indiana
Save

Nice trip report. Glad you have a good time. Can't wait to be there soon myself!

Kentucky
Level Contributor
1,133 posts
244 reviews
85 helpful votes
3. Re: On our way back to Indiana
Save

Sounds like a great mini vacation. Thanks for sharing.

Sugar Land, Texas
Level Contributor
5,847 posts
35 reviews
28 helpful votes
4. Re: On our way back to Indiana
Save

Thanks...as a displaced Hoosier living in Texas, I get a little envious of people living close enough for a mini vacation to the Smoky Mountains.

Centerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
16,507 posts
3,310 reviews
4,463 helpful votes
5. Re: On our way back to Indiana
Save

It was a fabulous trip and I miss the mountains already.

=

Enjoyed your TR

Indiana
Level Contributor
6,610 posts
367 reviews
529 helpful votes
6. Re: On our way back to Indiana
Save

Great TR!

Sounds like a fun trip.

Hope you have a safe trip back home.

Thanks for sharing.

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Sevierville, Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Townsend, Tennessee
Level Contributor
7,851 posts
368 reviews
208 helpful votes
7. Re: On our way back to Indiana
Save

I am glad you had a good trip. We have seen 12 Bear's so far at Cade's Cove and RFMNT.

They are out.

I know you had to enjoy the light crowds and traffic. Today it picked up a little.

Glad you made it home safe. Thanks for the trip report.

Saint John, Indiana
Level Contributor
444 posts
34 reviews
42 helpful votes
8. Re: On our way back to Indiana
Save

Thanks everyone!

Junkie! You're the luckiest! I saw turkeys, a beaver, squirrels, chipmunk and even a snake but no bears. Oh well, it doesn't matter. What a fabulous trip! I was disappointed in Anakeesta. The ride up was beautiful but it wasn't finished and was much smaller than I had imagined. $40 for the two of us. That's a bit much for two seniors.

9. Re: On our way back to Indiana

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: May 27, 2019, 12:18 pm
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.