We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to be visit Savannah/Charleston around Halloween

Connecticut
Level Contributor
32 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Going to be visit Savannah/Charleston around Halloween

Our trip isn't definitively planned out, but based on preliminary research, looks like we're planning 6 or 7 days down South. Preliminary plan is to fly into Savannah (because it's cheaper), grab a rental car and either:

A) stay in Savannah the day we arrive (ideally around lunchtime) and the following day, spend the next day driving to Charleston (stopping at Beaufort along the way), spend 3 days in Charleston, spend the last day doing anything we feel we've missed at any place.

B) arrive in Savannah, go straight to Charleston where we'll stay for 3 days. Spend day driving to Savannah (stopping at Beaufort along the way). Spend last 2 days in Savannah.

(both options involve a single round trip from Savannah and back, so doesnt really matter from a time wasting perspective)

What I am most curious about (along with if anyone would tweak the above itinerary) is whether there are any "must see" halloween events that are on a specific day in either city (i.e. you NEED to be in Savannah during the weekend for this awesome show). This would greatly impact which city we go to in which order.

Going to post this in Charleston as well!

Mentioned in this post
Savannah
Savannah
Georgia Coast, GA
Charleston
Charleston
Coastal South Carolina, SC
Beaufort
Beaufort
3 replies to this topic
Connecticut
Level Contributor
32 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going to be visit Savannah/Charleston around Halloween

We're love halloween, but we're not huge "partyers"-- so would be interested in like cool shows/tours/events (for example- we went to a really cool sleepy hollow show in Sturbridge Mass)

Boston
Level Contributor
3,936 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Going to be visit Savannah/Charleston around Halloween

I would definitely spend a couple of days in Savannah in the historic district...enjoy

Mentioned in this post
Savannah
Savannah
Georgia Coast, GA
Savannah,GA
Destination Expert
for Savannah
Level Contributor
4,533 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Going to be visit Savannah/Charleston around Halloween

I would go directly yo Charleston. You will be done in 2 days. Then come to Savannah where every thing in HD is walkable. About 1 square mile as opposed to Charleston's 2 square miles. Cheaper hotels and more restaurants, nightclubs, hotels B&D's and museum houses within walking distance of most HD hotels.

Mentioned in this post
Charleston
Charleston
Savannah
Savannah
Georgia Coast, GA
Reply to: Going to be visit Savannah/Charleston around Halloween
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Savannah