We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Confused over Statue of liberty

London, United...
Level Contributor
116 posts
175 reviews
93 helpful votes
Confused over Statue of liberty
Save

Hi all,

This might be a dumb question, but I'm hoping people will be able to clarify things for me! I have purchased a Crown ticket for 10am from Statue Cruises. I thought this meant I would need to be on the ferry from Battery Park at 10am, now I think it means I need to be on Liberty Island for 10am? There also seems to be a lot of security checks to go through.

Would you be able to advise what time I would need to get to Battery Park?

Many thanks

Becky

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
110,546 posts
12 reviews
48 helpful votes
1. Re: Confused over Statue of liberty
Save

I'd get the at 9:30

Aberdeen, Scotland
Level Contributor
290 posts
78 reviews
156 helpful votes
2. Re: Confused over Statue of liberty
Save

If you should arrive earlier than planned, you can just join the queue if you like, you don't have to wait for your specific time slot. They'll let you on an earlier boat if you like.

Greater Sydney...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,725 posts
20 reviews
75 helpful votes
3. Re: Confused over Statue of liberty
Save

The 10.00am time is ferry departure time.

You also need to collect your official Crown ticket first from Castle Clinton in Battery Park (the round brown building) and depending on queues this could take time. Only Crown tickets are collected here.

I'd aim to get to Battery Park around 9.15am. If you're too early then there are things to see in Battery Park before joining the security and boarding queue.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
24,842 posts
4. Re: Confused over Statue of liberty
Save

Getting there at 9:30 is OK. That will give you time to get through security (official picture ID, no backpacks or large packages, purses may be searched) to get on the 10 am ferry. To get into th pedestal and crown you need to check your belongings in lockers at the base - you can't take anything upstairs unless it fits in your pockets.

Be aware that going up and down can take a while since some people are slower than others and the stairs are often narrow and steep and you can't pass people. Make sure you are ready or the climb before you start (27 flights).

Wheeling, West...
Level Contributor
931 posts
9 reviews
1 helpful vote
5. Re: Confused over Statue of liberty
Save

I'm pretty sure there was a seperate line for Crown ticket holders when I was there, and that they got fast tracked through security and onto the first ferry. I may be misremembering, since I didn't have crown tickets. I know there was a seperate flag for crown that was in a different spot than where I joined the line.

Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
27,633 posts
6. Re: Confused over Statue of liberty
Save

It's actually neither: it's the time you enter the security line at Battery Park. Arrive earlier than that to pick up your tickets, and they generally let you into the line early if you're there with your tickets. Arrive no later than 9:30.

London, United...
Level Contributor
116 posts
175 reviews
93 helpful votes
7. Re: Confused over Statue of liberty
Save

Thank you everyone, it makes a lot more sense now! I'll aim to get to Battery park for c9.15.

Thanks again,

Becky

Ryton, United...
Level Contributor
358 posts
125 reviews
46 helpful votes
8. Re: Confused over Statue of liberty
Save

Nytraveller - does that mean you can't take cameras up? My camera is small but not small enough to fit in my pocket, it lives in a case which is like a small messenger bag.

I also read that they don't have locker facilities at the SOL?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
11,710 posts
25 reviews
10 helpful votes
9. Re: Confused over Statue of liberty
Save

They have lockers for the Crown ...you can take water and a camera..small one. If you have any food or drinks, other than water, for the Pedestal you need to locker them too.....

It says there are no lockers at the point of 'embarkation' ...this means at Battery Point.

10. Re: Confused over Statue of liberty

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: May 25, 2017, 1:17 pm
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.