We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant for a Saturday Night!

derbyshire
Level Contributor
43 posts
3 reviews
12 helpful votes
Restaurant for a Saturday Night!
Save

Hi, it is our first trip to NYC in May to celebrate my 40th Birthday, we are staying from Friday to Monday!

We are staying in the Hilton Times Square.

Is it worth booking a restaurant for the Saturday night? Will it likely be busy? We don't want to be walking round endlessly looking for somewhere to eat!!!

Thanks

Nikki

Dallas, Texas...
Level Contributor
27,567 posts
23 reviews
10 helpful votes
1. Re: Restaurant for a Saturday Night!
Save

It can be a good idea to book in advance. Not required, but it's nice to have at least one planned dinner vs always wandering round hungry hoping to bump into a place you like without a long wait :-). It's hard to know when to say "this is it" vs keep looking for something more perfect that could be just up the block.

Note that many restaurants don't take reservations until 30 days out.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
6,306 posts
46 reviews
21 helpful votes
2. Re: Restaurant for a Saturday Night!
Save

Happy 40th and welcome to The States.

Saturday nights in Manhattan are always busy. if you can make reservations, I would. Look through some of the tripadvisor listings to see if anything is appealing. What kind of food would you like? Budget?

derbyshire
Level Contributor
43 posts
3 reviews
12 helpful votes
3. Re: Restaurant for a Saturday Night!
Save

Thanks for your replies!

I love Italian and Indian.

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
22,541 posts
27 reviews
9 helpful votes
4. Re: Restaurant for a Saturday Night!
Save

What is your budget/person?

S K
Canada
Level Contributor
599 posts
5. Re: Restaurant for a Saturday Night!
Save

I would definitely book for a special occasion to make sure you get something you want.

derbyshire
Level Contributor
43 posts
3 reviews
12 helpful votes
6. Re: Restaurant for a Saturday Night!
Save

Thanks!

150-200 dollars for 2????

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
7,060 posts
23 reviews
29 helpful votes
7. Re: Restaurant for a Saturday Night!
Save

Keep in mind tax will add 10% and tip will be 20%, so when checking prices add on 30% to get the actual cost of your dinner.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
6,306 posts
46 reviews
21 helpful votes
8. Re: Restaurant for a Saturday Night!
Save

Here are a couple of guides to browse.

http://www.timeout.com/newyork/restaurants/best-italian-restaurants

http://www.timeout.com/newyork/restaurants/the-best-indian-restaurants-in-nyc

Greater Sydney...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,725 posts
20 reviews
75 helpful votes
9. Re: Restaurant for a Saturday Night!
Save

If a restaurant takes reservations then I'd make a reservation just to be sure. Especially for a special birthday. Happy Birthday!

OpenTable is an online reservation system that's easy to use.

Here is a list of ten great pastas in NYC: http://eatingwithziggy.com/2014/10/23/my-top-10-nyc-pastas/

And a list of 50 places to eat costing between $10 to $100 per person, some are Italian: http://eatingwithziggy.com/2015/12/08/introducing-the-z-list/

miami
Level Contributor
430 posts
52 reviews
16 helpful votes
10. Re: Restaurant for a Saturday Night!
Save

I just had a wonderful birthday dinner in Chelsey at Salinas Restaurant. It was so delicious and a beautiful setting it was $ 320 with tax and tip for two. I didn't know where to go and my husband found wonderful reviews. Not sure if you are willing to travel to this area but it would be nice to see something other than times square. Check out the menu online.

Happy Birthday and enjoy.

© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.