We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to wear to Carmine's on Sat. night

California
Level Contributor
25 posts
8 reviews
8 helpful votes
What to wear to Carmine's on Sat. night
Save

We are going to be in NYC this weekend and are going to Carmine's for dinner. What is appropriate dress for men, women and teens? Thanks in advance.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
9,648 posts
14 reviews
77 helpful votes
1. Re: What to wear to Carmine's on Sat. night
Save

Elastic wastebands!

No, really, it is very casual, so jeans or slacks will suffice.

New York City
Level Contributor
17,257 posts
2 reviews
2 helpful votes
2. Re: What to wear to Carmine's on Sat. night
Save

If you have the same luck that I do when you eat tomato sauce, wear something red...

Ocala, Florida
Level Contributor
238 posts
3. Re: What to wear to Carmine's on Sat. night
Save

we were just there - there was a little bit of every kind of dress - how many people are in your party and do you all like the same kind of food. We all order different entrees and through enough food away to feed half the homeless in NYC!

New York City
Level Contributor
17,257 posts
2 reviews
2 helpful votes
4. Re: What to wear to Carmine's on Sat. night
Save

Since each entree is intended to feed 3 or 4 adults, if each ordered a separate entree that is quite a lot of extra food...

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
11,328 posts
5. Re: What to wear to Carmine's on Sat. night
Save

They'll tell you that each dish feeds 2-3, but most of the dishes feed six adults. Really, order one pasta, maybe two meat dishes, one appetizer and one dessert.

Wearing red is a great idea!

California
Level Contributor
25 posts
8 reviews
8 helpful votes
6. Re: What to wear to Carmine's on Sat. night
Save

Thanks for all the advice. You all must have seen me eat. I never think my chest is big, but it must be because everything lands on it. Red will be my choice in clothing!!

Ocala, Florida
Level Contributor
238 posts
7. Re: What to wear to Carmine's on Sat. night
Save

yea they gave us all of those guidelines but we don't all like the same thing. Lindsey like penne with marinara, I like penne ala vodka and Dad's the meat man. He ordered veal marsala. We all split a salad for starters. I don't each much myself so the penne ala vodka looked like it hadn't been touched. the veal was moslty gone and the penne with marinara had a lot left. We took the leftovers but they became so heavy while walking Times Square we ended up throwing them away. (Oops - just gave away part of day 3) I just think if you don't have a large group, or like us, everyone wants something different, this isn't the best food choice. The food was good but not above average.

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
5,597 posts
117 reviews
108 helpful votes
8. Re: What to wear to Carmine's on Sat. night
Save

Carmine's is kind of come one, come all. Food is ok. Americanized. Huge servings. Crowded space. Reasonably good service. You can wear whatever you feel like.

Central Village...
Level Contributor
18,685 posts
9. Re: What to wear to Carmine's on Sat. night
Save

I know!

How about a red kilt.

Poppa

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
4,409 posts
5 reviews
5 helpful votes
10. Re: What to wear to Carmine's on Sat. night
Save

Poppa - that's funny!

© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.