We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Francisco + Santa Clara

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
3 posts
22 reviews
San Francisco + Santa Clara

Hi,

I'm traveling to Santa Clara tomorrow (June 21st) and will return late night on Sunday (June 22nd). Both my flights are from SFO. I'm staying at Santa Clara Marriott and have a 3 hour event to catch at Levi's stadium at 2 pm on Sunday.

Could you help me with the places that I should visit - both in San Francisco and Santa Clara? I'm traveling alone and would prefer public transport.

My current plan is to explore San Francisco on Saturday -> go to Santa Clara -> check in to hotel and then explore nearby attractions. I'd love to check out other cool places in Santa Clara on Sunday too (preferably stuff that I could finish in 2 hours or less).

Thanks a ton!

PS:This is my first solo trip (First of many, I hope :))

Edited: July 21, 2018, 3:36 am
Best Seller
Napa and Sonoma Wine Country Tour
2,379 Reviews
from US$105.00*
Special Offer
Muir Woods, Giant Redwoods, and...
2,654 Reviews
from US$61.20*
US$68.00
Best Seller
San Francisco Super Saver: Muir Woods...
1,831 Reviews
from US$126.00*
8 replies to this topic
San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
58,829 posts
149 reviews
1. Re: San Francisco + Santa Clara

It is like going to Seattle and Everett and asking for things to see in Everett. Well there is Boeing

Similarly there is a theme park and Levi’s and there are tech companies

So see SF first and then get to Levi’s for the event by Caltrain and VTA. Stay the night in SF

Edited: July 21, 2018, 3:39 am
Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
32,869 posts
6,430 reviews
2. Re: San Francisco + Santa Clara

For Santa Clara, Great America is next to Levy's stadium.

For dining, drinking, movies, uber to Santana Row. Winchester Mystery House is across from that.

If into techie stuff, uber to the Computer Museum in Mt. View.

Enjoy the San Jose Earthquakes vs. Manchester United .

If you want low key things, there is a movie theater nearby - AMC Mercardo

For other things in that category see the Things to do List

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g330…

sf
Level Contributor
3,681 posts
3. Re: San Francisco + Santa Clara

I was just there for work yesterday and the only things of worth are Levi Stadium & Great America, and traffic is horrible so get there early.

Silicon Valley, Ca
Level Contributor
3,014 posts
58 reviews
4. Re: San Francisco + Santa Clara

If you go directly from SFO to the SF, what baggage will you have and what will you do with it while you are visiting SF.

You might be able to visit downtown SJ Sunday morning. I doubt you will have much time after the event before you have to go to the airport.

How do you plan to get to/from the hotel and to/from Levi's?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
3 posts
22 reviews
5. Re: San Francisco + Santa Clara

I’ll just have a backpack with me. Planning to walk from hotel to Levi’s. It’s pretty close!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
3 posts
22 reviews
6. Re: San Francisco + Santa Clara

Thank you! Will definitely check out Winchester house and Computer Museum

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
30,248 posts
7. Re: San Francisco + Santa Clara

I’ve stayed at that hotel and walked to the stadium, I’ve also used Uber from that hotel to the stadium, but we were in the hotel bar until right before kick off so traffic had subsided.

Don’t bring your backpack to the stadium.

8. Re: San Francisco + Santa Clara

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: August 13, 2018, 11:40 pm

Reply to: San Francisco + Santa Clara
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted