We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging ideas for June - traveling with 9 mon old

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
35 posts
Lodging ideas for June - traveling with 9 mon old
Save

Hello!

I realize we are late to the game for this area, but I’m struggling to find lodging for myself, husband, and baby who will be 9 months. Ideal would be a small cabin or room where we could have baby sleeping behind a closed door for naps or in the evening, even if it’s a one bedroom. We would love not to spend more than 400. Even chain hotels in Jackson, however, seem above this?

I’ll take any ideas!

Best value hotels in Jackson
The Wort Hotel
The Wort Hotel
#6 of 41 hotels in Jackson
Cowboy Village Resort
Cowboy Village Resort
#7 of 41 hotels in Jackson
17 replies to this topic
Boston...
Level Contributor
535 posts
1. Re: Lodging ideas for June - traveling with 9 mon old
Save

I assume you are flying into Jackson and just visiting GTNP? For how many days? Do you hope to visit YNP as well? Have you checked for rental cars? I would do that before you do anything. There is a shortage of cars and rates are very high for summer and in some cases, no cars available for certain dates. The area is expensive and demand is high. Even more so this year, because it seems like everyone that can't travel to Europe this summer is heading to national parks. Inside GTNP, I think Colter Bay and Signal Mountain Lodge have 2 room cabins with no kitchen. Inside town of Jackson, we couldn't find any hotels for under $300, but maybe others have ideas.

We travelled a lot when our kids were babies. Trying to get back to the hotel for a nap NEVER worked for us. The baby would fall asleep in the car for 5 minutes, the transfer to the room would wake the baby up, and she would be grouchy all afternoon. We found it easier to plan a scenic hour drive during nap time and just let her sleep in the car, stroller, or baby bjoern. Sometimes, when staying in a regular hotel room, I would put the baby to bed, stay with a book and read, and my husband would go out for a walk until the kids could go to sleep. Not too many exciting evenings sometimes but babies get up early and our days were usually full of sightseeing, so we didn't mind going to bed early. Travelling with kids wasn't always easy, but we made it work and almost always had a good time overall! Good luck!

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
17,974 posts
69 reviews
63 helpful votes
2. Re: Lodging ideas for June - traveling with 9 mon old
Save

Look at the Ranch Inn in Jackson; I stay there all the time and have never paid much more than $200. A recent visitor here on TA just booked for $215.

https://ranchinn.com/rates/

Edited: April 22, 2021, 9:17 pm
Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
35 posts
3. Re: Lodging ideas for June - traveling with 9 mon old
Save

Thank you!!

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
35 posts
4. Re: Lodging ideas for June - traveling with 9 mon old
Save

Thanks for the ideas, thoughts, and encouragement!

We know that taking a trip with our baby will be a VERY different kind of trip but still are excited.

To clarify, we will be flying in and out of bozeman using our SW points and companion pass. We arrive thursday June 11 and fly out Saturday the 19th. First night is tentatively planned for bozeman, to allow for travel delays, getting our rental car (YES, so expensive, but BOOKED), and being ready for an early departure to YNP. We will stay 3 nights at the canyon lodge in YNP.

Next our plan was to stay one place for 4 nights, likely in Jackson, we'd love walkable. The last night before flying out we considered finding something in Ennis to break up the drive and enjoy the big sky area?

Any other suggestions welcome!

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
17,974 posts
69 reviews
63 helpful votes
5. Re: Lodging ideas for June - traveling with 9 mon old
Save

megdahOT....Let us know what happens. Best of luck!

Edited: April 22, 2021, 9:26 pm
Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
35 posts
6. Re: Lodging ideas for June - traveling with 9 mon old
Save

They are booked solid one of our dates in the middle of our 4 nights :(

May check back in case they get a cancel.

Boston...
Level Contributor
535 posts
7. Re: Lodging ideas for June - traveling with 9 mon old
Save

Have you seen the drive times for YNP?

https://www.yellowstonenationalparklodges.com/content/uploads/2017/04/Park-Map-with-mileage.pdf

The road between Canyon/Tower is closed in 2021.

I would plan to get some picnic supplies and baby supplies in Bozeman before you enter YNP and go to Canyon. Dining is limited and take-out only in June during Phase 1 in YNP. There are many picnic areas throughout the park.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
35 posts
8. Re: Lodging ideas for June - traveling with 9 mon old
Save

Yes, both are great ideas that we plan on!

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
41,983 posts
531 reviews
173 helpful votes
9. Re: Lodging ideas for June - traveling with 9 mon old
Save

Check 49er inn or Cowboy Village in Jackson.

Ohio
Level Contributor
190 posts
24 reviews
17 helpful votes
10. Re: Lodging ideas for June - traveling with 9 mon old
Save

I was also going to suggest Cowboy Village Resort. That is where we will be staying in June.

Reply to: Lodging ideas for June - traveling with 9 mon old
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Jackson
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.