We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First timers - honeymoon help!

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
375 posts
1 review
First timers - honeymoon help!
Save

Hi.

Would like to visit Jackson Hole and Yellowstone for our Honeymoon late June.

We are considering the new Cloudveil hotel. We’d like a luxurious hotel or cabin ( if not in town) Should we split our stay to two locations? If so where? We can spend 6-9 days away. We are open to flying into one airport and out of another. Thanks so much!

14 replies to this topic
Spery, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
23,410 posts
188 reviews
70 helpful votes
1. Re: First timers - honeymoon help!
Save

Splitting lodging to save driving, you want a different location or two for Yellowstone.

9 days would be great. Where are you arriving and departing?

Cora, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Wyoming, Jackson, Jackson Hole
Level Contributor
10,240 posts
7 reviews
15 helpful votes
2. Re: First timers - honeymoon help!
Save

The cabins for rent outside of Jackson but in Jackson Hole are more on the rustic side. So if you're looking for something plush, I'd stick to a hotel in town or in Teton Village. Cloudveil, when it opens, will be the first hotel on Jackson's town square, so very convenient to shopping, restaurants and saloons.

Sarah

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
375 posts
1 review
3. Re: First timers - honeymoon help!
Save

Hi. We will arrive in Jackson Hole. Departure is tbd. We are looking for suggestions. Thanks!

Spery, Iowa
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
23,410 posts
188 reviews
70 helpful votes
4. Re: First timers - honeymoon help!
Save

You will want to check car rentals and flights, but you can do a round trip with Jackson airport or you could leave through Bozeman or Billings.

One example of many: I don't know your budget, here are some fun but expensive options.

Day 1 Arrive Jackson, overnight Jackson (Your hotel choice, or look at Huff House Inn and Cabins

Day 2 GTNP

Day 3 GTNP

Day 4 to YNP overnight West Yellowstone. Explorer Cabins, Under Canvas

Day 6 overnight same

Day 7 tour YNP. Overnight Silver Gate Danu's House of the Silver Forest

Day 8 YNP to Chico Hot Springs or Sage Resort

Day 9 overnight same if you can fly out of Bozeman tomorrow.

This is a lot of moving and may not be at all what you are interested in. But it was fun for me to plan, lol

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
375 posts
1 review
5. Re: First timers - honeymoon help!
Save

Thanks for the suggestions! We want to stay in two different locations and see what we can from each of those locations.

As far as accommodations splurging for luxury for the honeymoon!

Spery, Iowa
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
23,410 posts
188 reviews
70 helpful votes
6. Re: First timers - honeymoon help!
Save

OK, then one in Jackson of in Grand Teton National Park, and one in West Yellowstone to tour Yellowstone. Fly in and out of Jackson or Bozeman. The problem will be flight times, you may need a third location. If flying in and out of Jackson, you want to be closer to the airport your first and last night, so that means 2 in that area. If you fly out of Bozeman, you might need to be closer than West Yellowstone unless you have a later day flight.

You could fly in to Bozeman and out of Jackson. Have an early flight in so you can make it to West Yellowstone first night, stay 4 nights to tour the park. Then move to your Jackson location for 4-5 nights and fly out there.

Others might have more ideas for luxury lodging in West Yellowstone. If I had no limit, I'd do Huff House in Jackson if I wanted to be in town, or a Lakeview Retreat at Signal Mountain Lodge for in-park. I have never stayed in either, however.

Georgia
Level Contributor
32,951 posts
78 reviews
58 helpful votes
7. Re: First timers - honeymoon help!
Save

"We are considering the new Cloudveil hotel. We’d like a luxurious hotel or cabin ( if not in town) Should we split our stay to two locations? If so where? "

I think the Cloudveil is a good choice for town (Jackson). If you want a second location, the lake and mountain views from the Lakefront Retreat at Signal Mountain Lodge are amazing. One of the most beautiful sunsets anywhere I've ever seen. The room with balcony is very nice if not luxury. If you want luxury in GTNP, that would be Jenny Lake Lodge, but without that amazing view.

Congrats on your upcoming nuptials!

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
375 posts
1 review
8. Re: First timers - honeymoon help!
Save

Thanks! Jenny Lodge and Signal Mountain Lodge are both booked:(

Spery, Iowa
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
23,410 posts
188 reviews
70 helpful votes
9. Re: First timers - honeymoon help!
Save

Neither will be a good base for Yellowstone. A long day trip to see part of the park. Which is fine if that is your intention. Or were they instead of your town of Jackson hotel stay? Enjoy your honeymoon wherever you choose to spend it!

Edited: March 23, 2021, 8:57 am
Georgia
Level Contributor
32,951 posts
78 reviews
58 helpful votes
10. Re: First timers - honeymoon help!
Save

"Thanks! Jenny Lodge and Signal Mountain Lodge are both booked:("

Congrats!

Reply to: First timers - honeymoon help!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Jackson
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.