We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need a hotel/motel

Seneca, Illinois
Level Contributor
95 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Need a hotel/motel

My husband and I are traveling to Sturgeon Bay in August and would like to make a stopover in Port Washington for 1 nite. Any suggestions on a room?

Is there anything to do in Port Washington or should we look elsewhere?

Mentioned in this post
Sturgeon Bay
Sturgeon Bay
Door County, WI
Port Washington Inn
Port Washington Inn
#1 of 3 B&Bs / Inns in Port Washington
The Port Hotel Inn
The Port Hotel Inn
#2 of 3 B&Bs / Inns in Port Washington
Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
15 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need a hotel/motel

I am returning from Door County and spending the night in Port Washington right now. There are two main hotels - a Holiday Inn at the lakefront that has a recent negative review and a Country Inn and Suites near the highway which is where we are staying. This hotel is nice - clean, an expanded continental breakfast is promised, and roomy. The unit is a long rectangle with a couch, wing-back chair, TV, table with 2 chairs, wet bar, microwave and small refrigerator, then the bathroom, then the bedroom which can be closed off with partial doors. For a AAA rate of $93, I think it's a pretty good deal.

I don't think that there is a lot to do in the area, however. You may want to consider Sheboygan or Kohler though I'm not a Wisconsin expert.

Just curious - are you staying in Sturgeon Bay for a reason? If not, I'd recommend staying out on the Door Peninsula instead.

Mentioned in this post
Door County
Door County
Wisconsin
Sheboygan
Sheboygan
Wisconsin
Wisconsin
Wisconsin
United States
Sturgeon Bay
Sturgeon Bay
Door County, WI
Seneca, Illinois
Level Contributor
95 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need a hotel/motel

Illinihope - thanks for the information. When my husband and I travel like this we like to stay away from chain hotel/motel. They are just not romantic enough when we get away by ourselves. (Which rarely happens)

We are staying in Sturgeon Bay because we found a great resort w/an excellent room for a good price. We will be traveling a troughout Door County while we are there. We just wanted a romantic room for nights.

Mentioned in this post
Sturgeon Bay
Sturgeon Bay
Door County, WI
Door County
Door County
Wisconsin
Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
15 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need a hotel/motel

Sarge63,

Happy to help. I'd suggest looking at the Washington House Inn in Cedarburg. It's a small inn in a quaint town with several amenities - wine and cheese in the afternoon and breakfast in the morning - at a fairly reasonable rate. If you're looking for romance, it would be a far better choice than Port Washington.

Mentioned in this post
Washington House Inn
Washington House Inn
787 Reviews
Cedarburg, WI
Seneca, Illinois
Level Contributor
95 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need a hotel/motel

illinihope - i booked a room at the stagecoach inn in cedarburg yesturday. we've been to cedarburg before for a day trip. thanks for the input

Racine, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
530 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need a hotel/motel

Stagecoach Inn is very nice. The people are friendly and fun to walk around Cederburg. If you have time, eat at Klugs for dinner or for lunch, the Crepe place is good, too.

Batavia, IL
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need a hotel/motel

Port Washington Inn bed and breakfast is excellent. Owners are very friendly, food is amazing and generous and the rooms/inn are clean and welcoming.

We stay there annually and it's a consistent favorite, thanks to Dave and Rita (innkeepers)

Mentioned in this post
Port Washington Inn
Port Washington Inn
122 Reviews
Port Washington, WI
7. Re: Need a hotel/motel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: September 03, 2009, 7:23 pm
Get answers to your questions about Port Washington