We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drinking Alcohol Age

Marseilles, Illinois
Level Contributor
44 posts
83 reviews
39 helpful votes
Drinking Alcohol Age
Save

Traveling with my husband and 2 sons, ages 22 and 20. I have heard the age for drinking alcohol is over 18 if you are with your parents. I am wondering if my 20 year old as long as he is with me and my husband would be able to do the tastings at the breweries???

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
14,696 posts
60 reviews
85 helpful votes
1. Re: Drinking Alcohol Age
Save

That's a good question. I know at the discretion of the business owner it is legal for a parent to purchase alcohol for a minor to be consumed under the supervision of the parent. This is possible at many restaurants. I doubt any club would allow an under 21 year old in even with a parent.

I looked at the Lakefront Brewery website and here is the quote:

"Must be 21 or under supervision of parent or legal guardian.

All patrons on the premise must be 21 with a valid ID or under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian. Aunts, uncles, brothers, and sisters are not legal guardians."

Now, does that mean they can drink on the tour or just accompany parents? I don't know. I would call or e mail to get the answer. If you want to tour any other breweries I would contact each one.

Chicago Suburbs
Level Contributor
5,212 posts
25 reviews
9 helpful votes
2. Re: Drinking Alcohol Age
Save

It depends on the establishment. They can allow it if they want, but they don't have to allow it.

I don't think the law prescribes a minimum age.

Edited: 3 years ago
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
3,438 posts
38 reviews
9 helpful votes
3. Re: Drinking Alcohol Age
Save

https://www.revenue.wi.gov/Pages/FAQS/ise-atundrg.aspx#undrg1

Marseilles, Illinois
Level Contributor
44 posts
83 reviews
39 helpful votes
4. Re: Drinking Alcohol Age
Save

Thank you for all the information!

5. Re: Drinking Alcohol Age

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: July 31, 2019, 12:42 pm
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.