We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fish

uk
Level Contributor
136 posts
22 reviews
35 helpful votes
Fish
Save

Can you fish on the beach

Asador PURO FUEGO
₱₱ - ₱₱₱, Steakhouse, Barbecue, Spanish
La Solana
₱₱ - ₱₱₱, Mediterranean, European, Spanish
EBISU Sushi Lounge
₱₱ - ₱₱₱, Japanese, Sushi, Asian
6 replies to this topic
Magaluf, Spain
Destination Expert
for Majorca
Level Contributor
2,164 posts
51 reviews
21 helpful votes
1. Re: Fish
Save

Hi Rbd. Officially not allowed to fish without a permit but saying that the permits are cheap but may take time trying to obtain one. The cost is so cheap compared to any fine that might be dished out by money grabbing council / local police. I reckon any that do fish will not be on the beach but to a nearby rocky area. I’m not into fishing but have seen more people fishing locally, PN / Magaluf, especially in the last year. These people must have licenses as not discreet with all the flashing colored led lights on the rod, lines and headband. Hope you get info from a person who has fished in SP.

the local Chinese bazaars also have a selection of fishing gear etc.

look forward to your holiday.

Magaluf, Spain
Destination Expert
for Majorca
Level Contributor
2,164 posts
51 reviews
21 helpful votes
2. Re: Fish
Save

Hi RBD This is the link re obtaining fishing permit. Also if you want any other info re Calvia the council International Dept are also very helpful. Don't be put off as many keen fishermen enjoy their hobby on holiday.

http://calvia.com/responsive/tramit.plt?KTRAMIT=174&KIDIOMA=3&KNODE=66

international@calvia.com

uk
Level Contributor
136 posts
22 reviews
35 helpful votes
3. Re: Fish
Save

Thanks Cal Vila Dona your knowledge is very valuable to us Brits,, yeah we usually do go to magaluf & fish around by bar charval, just looking at different resorts if and when we can get away 😊

Magaluf, Spain
Destination Expert
for Majorca
Level Contributor
2,164 posts
51 reviews
21 helpful votes
4. Re: Fish
Save

Hi RBD An update also for any other keen fishermen. On local FB today somebody was pulled up by Police while fishing off the rocks as he had done so for years. Others on FB confirmed he should have had a license and put the same link as above earlier. Understand you can apply online , costs around 18€ lasts 3 years and could save you minimum 200€ fine. They say it is easy to apply online so if you feel like applying load the link I sent , Chrome translation can help , go to the blue box on the right ' Inciar un nuevo tramite' and then step by step application and payment for the license. I would just use UK address, Passport and tick box non resident, the fishing area I assume you want to fish is Calvia which includes Magaluf and SP where you intend to fish. Quite sure it is for everyone whether on holiday or living here.

The International Dept email has now changed to the usual Town Hall email which is Calvia@calvia.com

Any regulars who have applied before can always update as I have never fished.

Have a good holiday and good luck fishing

Edited: April 25, 2021, 3:01 am
Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
739 posts
74 reviews
78 helpful votes
5. Re: Fish
Save

thats good information thx for that,,,,,calvia don are you don R??????- On f/book,

Son Caliu, Spain
Level Contributor
365 posts
18 reviews
8 helpful votes
6. Re: Fish
Save

At the min with the lack of tourists the police are checking licenses, it’s not something they usually do but you can get a license if you follow dons link , as for the question do not fish on the beach , if you can keep well away and fish on the rocks away from the sunbathers , if you do fish to close the lifeguards will report you to the police

Reply to: Fish
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Santa Ponsa
Recent Conversations
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.