We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trains from Salou to Valencia

Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Trains from Salou to Valencia

I'm hoping someone can help with a problem we are having trying to book trains from Salou to Valencia. We are in Salou for 2 weeks from 23rd June and really want to do a day trip via train to visit Valencia. There are trains available for the first week we are there, but the only results coming up for the 2nd week is a 7+hr diversion via Barcelona and Madrid! It is the same on Renfe.com and loco2.com. I have read that they are slow to release the trains near the summer timetable change, but this is only 3 1/2 weeks away, surely they should be out by now!

Obviously we could book the first week, but we were hoping that when the 2nd week came out they might be a bit cheaper. You can bet if we booked the tickets for a day in the first week the others would suddenly come out much cheaper but we don't now how much longer to wait!

Does anyone know if it is normal for them to be this late in releasing the tickets or when they might come out?

Mentioned in this post
Salou
Salou
Costa Dorada, Spain
Valencia
Valencia
Province of Valencia, Spain
Barcelona
Barcelona
Province of Barcelona, Spain
Madrid
Madrid
Community of Madrid, Spain
10 replies to this topic
Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
8,246 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trains from Salou to Valencia

summer schedule adjustment should take place this sunday if i am not wrong. renfe usually needs more days for this as they have incompetent managers so it should not be a surprise if the new schedule is not published on time, just be patient.

trains schedule is going to be the same so plan your journey and just wait for bookings.

take in mind one of the lastest renfe tricks, when they release new tickets in advance they offer the full price fare to catch the early birds that read somewhere that booking in advance you get cheaper tickets, then, one or two days later they upload the cheap fares. so before booking check if they are offering discounted tickets or just full fare tickets.

Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trains from Salou to Valencia

Thank you this is very helpful.

We will wait then and see what comes out Sunday / Monday. I have had a good look at fares on other days so I will know if its a good price or the full fare.

Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trains from Salou to Valencia

Unfortunately there are still no trains available after 1st July on this route. It seems crazy that they still haven't released any train times for anything past the next 2 weeks!

Does anyone know whether it is normal for them to be this slow releasing them or whether they maybe aren't doing this route now? We can still go in the 1st week of our holiday but the price has gone right up while we have been waiting to see what comes up for later dates and made it really expensive.

Aston
Destination Expert
for Salou, Costa Dorada
Level Contributor
4,164 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trains from Salou to Valencia

Just checked. Trains are showing on this website:-

http://www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/index.html

Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trains from Salou to Valencia

Thanks but I only get the message "The train consulted is not available for sale at this time, please try later and excuse the inconvenience. Or there is no direct connection"

Which date did you use?

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
4,275 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trains from Salou to Valencia

Wait. Renfe is always late posting the tickets when there is a timetable change.

Aston
Destination Expert
for Salou, Costa Dorada
Level Contributor
4,164 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trains from Salou to Valencia

Salou to Valencia all stations. Out 25/6/18 Return 29/6/18

9 Trains available on outward and return journey. Journey time 2 to 4 hrs. Cost €16 to €27 one way.

Mentioned in this post
Salou
Salou
Costa Dorada, Spain
Valencia
Valencia
Province of Valencia, Spain
Doncaster
Destination Expert
for Lassi
Level Contributor
1,219 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trains from Salou to Valencia

Hi!

I tried a dummy booking for the first week in July and get the same negative result - no trains show up.

Edited: June 18, 2018, 1:57 am
Pueblo Nuevo de...
Level Contributor
7,153 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trains from Salou to Valencia

They will get loaded eventually, not ideal but that's Renfe for you.

Aston
Destination Expert
for Salou, Costa Dorada
Level Contributor
4,164 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trains from Salou to Valencia

Yep... nothing for July as yet but June is fully loaded.

Reply to: Trains from Salou to Valencia
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Salou