We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Motels on main strip to stay for car shows

North Myrtle Beach...
1 post
Save Topic
Best Motels on main strip to stay for car shows

Coming to Shades of the Past in Sept and wanta stay on main strip to watch cars

10 replies to this topic
Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Sevierville, Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, Great Smoky Mountains National Park
Level Contributor
5,215 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Motels on main strip to stay for car shows

I recommend Vacation lodge. It's on the parkway and right across from The Old Mill. I would book asap. Most hotels on the parkway fill up fast during the car events. I stayed at Vacation lodge a couple of weeks ago.

Mentioned in this post
The Old Mill
The Old Mill
3,566 Reviews
Pigeon Forge, TN
Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
17,316 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Motels on main strip to stay for car shows

Agree, thats a good location, so is the Inn at Christmas Place. We usually stay at the Best Western Magnolia but its further down the strip. We bring out bikes to ride around, much easier that trying to drive. Some hotels like the Econo lodge are noisy all night partiers. I would get reservations ASAP as many good locations may already be full. Bring lawn chairs but note, if you leave them out near the road to mark your spot dont leave them on the sidewalk, The city loves to come along and pick them up. And you may already know this but there is no public consumption of alcohol. No cooler out by the road with beer. Just an FYI.

Mentioned in this post
The Inn at Christmas Place
The Inn at Christmas...
2,228 Reviews
Pigeon Forge, TN
Grove City, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,658 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Motels on main strip to stay for car shows

The Margaritaville Island Inn is the renovated James Manor. It’s a multiple story property on the Parkway with balconies. The Valley Forge Inn is a lower rate place that’s also on the Parkway. We haven’t stayed there for awhile, but it was very nice.

Mentioned in this post
Margaritaville Island Inn
Margaritaville Island Inn
252 Reviews
Pigeon Forge, TN
Valley Forge Inn
Valley Forge Inn
620 Reviews
Pigeon Forge, TN
Bedford, Indiana
Level Contributor
6,271 posts
311 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Motels on main strip to stay for car shows

You might mention you are there for the car show. Hotels often have a bloc of rooms saved for car show people.

The Best Western Toni and Plaza are also right on the Parkway and prices are usually good.

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
17,316 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Motels on main strip to stay for car shows

Correction we use the Best Western Plaza. Rooms are clean, the free breakfast is decent and it's not a major party spot. At least not in the years we went. They have both indoor and outdoor pools and a small gazebo area. The only complaint I had was one year we paid for the river view. That was a big mistake because that section of river is very tiny so not much to look at. We did have a balcony tho and could see the cars that were traveling the back road.

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
3,029 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Motels on main strip to stay for car shows

Willow brook lodge is nice and right on the pkwy. Not all their rooms face the pkwy but you could request one. We like econo lodge riverside too and it sits off the pkwy just a bit. Be prepared all the ones right on the pkwy are going to be noisy until late in the night.

Mentioned in this post
Willow Brook Lodge
Willow Brook Lodge
544 Reviews
Pigeon Forge, TN
Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
17,316 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Motels on main strip to stay for car shows

Willowbrook is nice but the car show people book it in advance year to year. Many are repeat customers. You would have had to start last year to even possibly get in there during the car show. The only way is if someone cancels. In fact almost all the hotels with rooms / balconies facing the road will have been sold out months ago.

Sugar Land, Texas
Level Contributor
2,219 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Motels on main strip to stay for car shows

Shades of the Past is located at Dollywood

https:/…shades-of-the-past-rod-run

So you might check out if Dreammore Resort has some sort of package.

I am sure there will be cars on the parkway but the Rod Run the following week will have a lot more cars cruising the parkway...I have never been but this is what I have read.

Mentioned in this post
Dollywood
Dollywood
14,692 Reviews
Pigeon Forge, TN
Sugar Land, Texas
Level Contributor
2,219 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Motels on main strip to stay for car shows

Shades of the Past is located at Dollywood

https:/…shades-of-the-past-rod-run

So you might check out if Dreammore Resort has some sort of package.

I am sure there will be cars on the parkway but the Rod Run the following week will have a lot more cars cruising the parkway...I have never been but this is what I have read.

https:/…

Mentioned in this post
Dollywood
Dollywood
14,692 Reviews
Pigeon Forge, TN
Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
17,316 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Motels on main strip to stay for car shows

Good point Janet, I was thinking of the following weekends PF Rod Run. There are not near as many cars for Shades of Past so you might luck out and find something with a view of the strip.

Reply to: Best Motels on main strip to stay for car shows
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge