We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two nights Halls Gap

Kelowna, British...
Level Contributor
90 posts
79 reviews
Two nights Halls Gap

My wife and I live in Canada and will be driving from Melbourne to the Adelaide area along the GOR and then driving from Adelaide to Halls Gap in February arriving there about 4PM and staying two nights before leaving at about noon and driving to McCrae on the Mornington Peninsula. We like to do moderate type hiking enjoying scenery so wondering what are the highlights for us to do while in that area. To be handy to the main activities and to have a nice 3 or 4 star type place to stay do you have any accommodation recommendations? Not a lot of time so we need to pick the best and be satisfied with that. Like to stop in Ballarat for a few hours enroute to McCrae.

2:44 PM

3 replies to this topic
Ballarat, Australia
Level Contributor
4,095 posts
90 reviews
1. Re: Two nights Halls Gap

Last year I stayed in two different HG accommodations, and I would recommend both. Spent a night with 2 friends in Sundial Apartments (3 beds, no wi-fi, close to town), and 2 nights with my daughter in Halls Gap Log Cabins (1 bed, wi-fi, bit further out but still walking distance). Both were clean, spacious, had full kitchen facilities, spa bath, lounge area. Log Cabins had a pool which might be a very good idea in February (we used it daily in November!!)

Highlights - bushwalking. The Pinnacle, Silent Street, Grand Canyon would be no 1 for me. Other tourist "must sees" include McKenzies Falls, Reeds Lookout and the Balconies, Boroka Lookout. The absolute highlight, however, is eating outside near dusk and watching all the kangaroos.

…vic.gov.au/explore/…grampians-national-park

https://www.visitgrampians.com.au

Edited: June 10, 2018, 9:10 am
California
Level Contributor
11,006 posts
73 reviews
2. Re: Two nights Halls Gap

>>>Highlights - bushwalking. The Pinnacle, Silent Street, Grand Canyon would be no 1 for me. Other tourist "must sees" include McKenzies Falls, Reeds Lookout and the Balconies, Boroka Lookout. The absolute highlight, however, is eating outside near dusk and watching all the kangaroos.<<<

+1

It was blowing a gale when we reached the Pinnacles. So if you are low on energy and there is any wind, scramble around Grand Canyon - it's beautiful.

Reeds Lookout is basically a drive-up. It's a very flat walk to the Balconies from there. Baroka Lookout is also a drive-up, but a completely different view.

Venus Baths was very worthwhile as well. You can do a circular track from Halls Gap. One track is rugged and natural, and the other is asphalt and goes through a Botanical Garden (which sorry to say, is rather dilapidated but interesting nonetheless).

fmsreliability.com/adventures/…

Kelowna, British...
Level Contributor
90 posts
79 reviews
3. Re: Two nights Halls Gap

Thanks fr the great recommendations. So looking forward to the time there.

Reply to: Two nights Halls Gap
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted