We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good viewing points for photography

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
7,448 posts
117 reviews
118 helpful votes
Good viewing points for photography
Save

I appreciate that there are many but we'll be in the area in a couple of weeks and I currently have a problem with my hip which is limiting mobility. I'd appreciate any suggestions for easily accessible viewing points around Loch Lomond in particular, but others would be equally appreciated, either at water level or higher level. I can get around on reasonably level ground but steep ground or multiple steps might be problematic.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
899 posts
556 reviews
417 helpful votes
1. Re: Good viewing points for photography
Save

We enjoyed Luss.

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
9,453 posts
34 reviews
131 helpful votes
2. Re: Good viewing points for photography
Save

Not Loch Lomond, but in the area.

Loch Lubnaig. My favourite loch. Very pretty.

Also you could drive west from Tarbet to the 'Rest and Be Thankful'. Great views

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
18,748 posts
14 reviews
49 helpful votes
3. Re: Good viewing points for photography
Save

Luss for Loch Lomond.

Do you have a car?

If so, wee trip to Loch Katrine, you could go on the 100+year old SS Sir Walter Scott.

Just don’t contaminate the Water, it’s Glasgow’s Water Supply!

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
7,448 posts
117 reviews
118 helpful votes
4. Re: Good viewing points for photography
Save

Sorry I should have said - yes we will have a car.

Portsmouth, United...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
50,808 posts
73 reviews
185 helpful votes
5. Re: Good viewing points for photography
Save

https://goo.gl/maps/ydLKsmyE3RD2 Loch Tulla Viewpoint is just a bit further north past Tyndrum but you hardly need to get out of the are. There is even a snack bar there normally.

Of course Queen's View. On Loch Lomond take a drive to Balloch pier. Have you thought of maybe taking one of the boat trips on the loch?

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
7,448 posts
117 reviews
118 helpful votes
6. Re: Good viewing points for photography
Save

Open to any and all suggestions thanks :-)

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,198 posts
17 reviews
28 helpful votes
7. Re: Good viewing points for photography
Save

The deck at Duck Bay Marina, the beach at Balmaha and the water's edge in the vicinity of the car parks at Rowardennan. Also, the level walk along from the carpark at Loch Katrine will open up some striking views.

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
7,690 posts
678 reviews
719 helpful votes
8. Re: Good viewing points for photography
Save

Having recently, and for the second time, enjoyed one of the boat trips from Tarbet over to Inversnaid on Loch Lomond, I can't recommend highly enough that method of getting some of the best shots of the Loch. From Inversnaid itself, the vista over the loch to the 3,000 foot + mountain backdrop, not seen from the road at all, is superb. And easily won!

A short flat walk from Loch Katrine pier gives, to me, the finest photo of Beinn Venue rearing out of the loch's dark waters.

A few yards walk from the car park at Trossachs Kirk also gives a classic view of the beautiful church itself backed by the mountains and ancient woodland.

The short flat walk to the Falls of Falloch signposted on the A82 beyond Loch Lomond, is well worth it too for a quite spectacular waterfall with a good viewing platform.

9. Re: Good viewing points for photography

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: June 23, 2019, 1:17 pm
Get answers to your questions about Loch Lomond and The...
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.