We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Room with a view?

7 posts
Save Topic
Room with a view?

Can anyone recommend a hotel with a nice mountain view?

4 replies to this topic
Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
9,001 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Room with a view?

Please check those I have listed.

Thanks

7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Room with a view?

Thank you so much for the toddler ideas!! They sound wonderful, I will look into them more once the little one goes to sleep. :) if there were hotel recommendations I missed them.

Chattanooga, TN
Level Contributor
450 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Room with a view?

View of the mountain or view from the mountain? And I assume you're asking about Lookout Mountain.

Of the mountain is the newly transformed Westin Hotel and you'll need to ask for that type of view. High floor. From the mountain is the newly purchased (by Rock City) newly reconditioned River View Inn (old Sky Harbor Inn) which is a classic motor inn on Scenic Highway about halfway up Lookout Mountain.

PS I've not stayed at The Westin but I have been in the building when it was Blue Cross Blue Shield. Nice views of the city and of Lookout Mountain.

Mentioned in this post
Rock City
Rock City
3,167 Reviews
Lookout Mountain, GA
Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga
Level Contributor
774 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Room with a view?

And where I got you wanted a river View on the other post -I have no idea!! We are in a valley so if you are high enough up in downtown you will have views of the mountains but not what I call “Mountain View” as in on the edge of the mountain- I still would go with Bluff View!

Mentioned in this post
Bluff View Inn
Bluff View Inn
212 Reviews
Chattanooga, TN
Reply to: Room with a view?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Chattanooga