We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

big river brewing or the terminal brewhouse

m w
Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Topic
big river brewing or the terminal brewhouse

The big river grille and brewing or the terminal brew house, which is better and why?

7 replies to this topic
Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
9,021 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: big river brewing or the terminal brewhouse

For me, there is no defined answer for that question. Located in 2 opposite ends of town, we tend to go to Big River more because of location to the riverfront.

Both offer multi selections of in-house brewed beer, salads and sandwiches.

I liked being able to see outside better at Big River and where it is located.

BUT, the Terminal locations is improving.

A toss up!!!

m w
Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: big river brewing or the terminal brewhouse

thanks

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga
Level Contributor
774 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: big river brewing or the terminal brewhouse

Prefer the terminals beer and menu- parking is easier and it’s locally owned- walk through the Choo Choo, station street while you are there!

7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: big river brewing or the terminal brewhouse

I would suggest neither of these if you're looking for a brewery. Check out Chattanooga Brewing Company or Hutton & Smith.

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga
Level Contributor
774 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: big river brewing or the terminal brewhouse

And aren’t we fortunate to have so many choices- and the OP asked about 2- have been to Chattanooga Brewery, like their tater chip nachos, beer, ehhh, it’s fine. Not been to Hutton but I don’t think they have food unless that has changed so a no go for me but friends have reported they like the beer.

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
9,021 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: big river brewing or the terminal brewhouse

I have not been there either. So, no comment !

Chattanooga, TN
Level Contributor
450 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: big river brewing or the terminal brewhouse

To answer your question: either. Both are good breweries, have good beers with a wide selection of beers, and both have large food menus and ample good food. Both are in older buildings with some great history. Big River Grille is a better sports bar, bigger bar and dining areas, and has billiards. Terminal Brewery is a classic brewpub and they pour a full-size pint. They are both locally owned. Big River Grill is the original location for the national chain of Craft Works. Terminal feels more local.

Chattanooga Brewery has recently improved their menu and food choices. It's a good improvement as they are trying to attract full-service patrons.

Hutton & Smith is a brewery and tasting room. No food. OddStory is a brewery and tasting room with very limited food options. Heaven & Ale is a brewery and tasting room with very limited food.

Reply to: big river brewing or the terminal brewhouse
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Chattanooga