We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buffet at Akumal Bay Beach and Wellness Resort

Provo, Utah
Level Contributor
28 posts
67 reviews
88 helpful votes
Buffet at Akumal Bay Beach and Wellness Resort
Save

For those who have been there in the recent weeks or so, has the buffet resumed any type of normal operations? When we were there in October the buffet was operating as an a la carte, and all the food stations were closed down. Have they reopened it as a buffet?

Also, has the brazillian grill and the mini bar in front of building 3 opened back up? Are they using other buildings now? I guess my questions are more, are they back to normal operations?

7 replies to this topic
Owen Sound, Canada
Level Contributor
587 posts
62 reviews
91 helpful votes
1. Re: Buffet at Akumal Bay Beach and Wellness Resort
Save

Teresa, those are all great questions. I suggest you join the Akumal Bay - Beach and Wellness Resort Friends group on Facebook. It has 20,000 members and they will answer you almost immediately. I joined FB just for this group.

West Chester...
Level Contributor
79 posts
23 reviews
15 helpful votes
2. Re: Buffet at Akumal Bay Beach and Wellness Resort
Save

Just visited in mid-March and the breakfast was a buffet. Lunch and dinner were a la carte. The Brazilian restaurant was not open yet. Not sure which bar you are referring to but there were bars open aplenty! Never had any difficulties getting something to drink.

Chilliwack, Canada
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
51,846 posts
3. Re: Buffet at Akumal Bay Beach and Wellness Resort
Save

I also belong to many of these Facebook groups (and been visiting the ABR/ABBWR resort since 2006).

Great advice from Suzanne.

As bldg 3 & 4 open up, then will their mini bars

Provo, Utah
Level Contributor
28 posts
67 reviews
88 helpful votes
4. Re: Buffet at Akumal Bay Beach and Wellness Resort
Save

Already a member, just happened to be on this forum so dropped the question.

Provo, Utah
Level Contributor
28 posts
67 reviews
88 helpful votes
5. Re: Buffet at Akumal Bay Beach and Wellness Resort
Save

Just trying to get a feel for how close normal operations are. They typically have a mini bar set up in front of buildings 1 and 3 but, due to only using building 1 while occupancy is low, they didn't have the one in front of building 3 open. We still hung out down there in front of buildings 3 and 4 when we were there in October 2020, and had no issue getting something to drink from the lobby bar, and once they figured out we were there they checked on us.

Chilliwack, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
51,846 posts
6. Re: Buffet at Akumal Bay Beach and Wellness Resort
Save

and good to share the info with others - kudos

Chilliwack, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
51,846 posts
7. Re: Buffet at Akumal Bay Beach and Wellness Resort
Save

Someone just reported that the buffet was alacarte for a few days for lunch and full buffet others

Reply to: Buffet at Akumal Bay Beach and Wellness Resort
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.