We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What are the best rooms at TRS Yucatan?

Level Contributor
215 posts
103 reviews
88 helpful votes
What are the best rooms at TRS Yucatan?
Save

Which are the best rooms at TRS Yucatan (quiet, great view, central location, etc)? Any recommendations? Are all the restaurants up and running?

11 replies to this topic
Pocatello, Idaho
Level Contributor
1,069 posts
108 reviews
123 helpful votes
1. Re: What are the best rooms at TRS Yucatan?
Save

There are different advantages to the room locations - the 3 "original royal suites buildings" are closer to the lobby area and a la carte restaurants. They are set further back from the beach. The buildings in the "riviera section" are such that at one end you have great access to the Helios pool area, and down a ways it's closer to the salt water pool and the amenities of the White Sands area. There is no one perfect room location at the TRS because they are quite spread out. If you want to be near the quiet pool with a more zen vibe - I might suggest building 69. For Helios pool beach club access maybe around 66. For central resort and White Sands pool access and buffets, 60.

Views are not much of a thing - you could get top floor 63-68 and peek out over the trees at the ocean - but for the most part they are various garden and resort views.

Level Contributor
215 posts
103 reviews
88 helpful votes
2. Re: What are the best rooms at TRS Yucatan?
Save

I tried unsuccessfully to delete and resubmit this post with a more accurate question. Oh well. We are opting for Jr. Suites with an ocean view and garden view suites with separate living room. Any suggestions?

Edited: March 21, 2021, 1:01 am
Pocatello, Idaho
Level Contributor
1,069 posts
108 reviews
123 helpful votes
3. Re: What are the best rooms at TRS Yucatan?
Save

If the price is right - I would take the suite with separated areas any day. Everything else is pretty much a junior suite (there are also some bungalows which I didn't mention above) - check out a map just search google images - gives you a good sense of the layout but remember that this resort is LARGE so there is some distance.

Like I say - there are a couple of spots in the 63-68 area where the 3rd floor view is high enough to look over the trees of the resort. Only you can determine if that view is important enough to you. High floor garden views are cool because you can see birds and other wildlife.

Level Contributor
215 posts
103 reviews
88 helpful votes
4. Re: What are the best rooms at TRS Yucatan?
Save

Thanks for the response and info. We've stayed in this resort numerous times, but never in TRS section. Our kids were younger on previous visits, but now we can all stay in the adult area. Are there elevators to the top floors?

cape cod
Level Contributor
14,637 posts
62 reviews
91 helpful votes
5. Re: What are the best rooms at TRS Yucatan?
Save

No there are no elevators. Some rooms with great views. I had a suite with separate living room in December in 69. DIstant ocean views from one balcony and visited by about 20 blue Yucatan jays on the other balcony every day. IF you want direct ocen views I'd suggest building 60-67 on 2nd or top floor

Edited: March 21, 2021, 5:03 am
Level Contributor
215 posts
103 reviews
88 helpful votes
6. Re: What are the best rooms at TRS Yucatan?
Save

Bummer on the "no elevators," but thanks for the suggestions. I could probably do the second floor, but not sure I want to hike 3 floors. Bad back. Of course, everything feels a little better with Tequila :)

cape cod
Level Contributor
14,637 posts
62 reviews
91 helpful votes
7. Re: What are the best rooms at TRS Yucatan?
Save

The TRS Coral Costa Mujeres has elevators.

Pocatello, Idaho
Level Contributor
1,069 posts
108 reviews
123 helpful votes
8. Re: What are the best rooms at TRS Yucatan?
Save

You're sure going to enjoy that section of the resort and especially the restaurants and amenities - have you snooped around it already then and have a feel for it? Total game changer from the old Royal Suites.

Level Contributor
215 posts
103 reviews
88 helpful votes
9. Re: What are the best rooms at TRS Yucatan?
Save

I rode the boat around that area, but that's about it. We've stayed in White Sands on previous visits.

Level Contributor
215 posts
103 reviews
88 helpful votes
10. Re: What are the best rooms at TRS Yucatan?
Save

Do the garden view Suites have a fold out couch in the separate living area? We're getting conflicting reports on that.

Reply to: What are the best rooms at TRS Yucatan?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.