We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TRS Yucatan Hotel - Akumal

5 posts
Save Topic

My question is which is better the private pool room or the jacuzzi tub room?

Is the private pool freezing all the time? Is it really private ?

Is the jacuzzi tub unusable since it is so hot there?

Side Notes: How many minutes away is Turtle Beach ?

Is the free transfer from cancun to TRS a private transfer or is it loaded to the max?

Mentioned in this post
TRS Yucatan Hotel
TRS Yucatan Hotel
2,664 Reviews
Akumal, Mexico
9 replies to this topic
Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
13,492 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TRS Yucatan Hotel - Akumal

Domeof the private pools have privacy dome don't. They aren't currently heated so temps may be cool or refreshing depending when you go. Jacuzzis on decks are private. Water temp can be adjusted. Who I'd your transfer with?

5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: TRS Yucatan Hotel - Akumal

I dont know the TRS website says transfers are included with your room price.

Mentioned in this post
TRS Yucatan Hotel
TRS Yucatan Hotel
2,664 Reviews
Akumal, Mexico
Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
13,492 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TRS Yucatan Hotel - Akumal

Transfers are included if you book through the hotels site

Devon, United...
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: TRS Yucatan Hotel - Akumal

My booking confirmation states shared shuttle, with a wait time of up to 30mins. This can be upgraded to a private transfer for a fee. I guess it will depend on whether there are other passengers who have booked also. I have seen one review which said they dropped, I think a couple off at another hotel. This free shuttle isn’t supplied by Grand Palladium.

I think a lot of people book a private transfer, that way you are guaranteed to go directly to the hotel without waiting for other passengers, the cheapest I found was NAST - who I have booked with.

5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: TRS Yucatan Hotel - Akumal

I think I read this correct, you can take a golf cart/ shuttle to the other three resorts that are close by.. ?

If this is true is there any reason to visit the other resorts? Do they offer any entertainment or anything TRS does not have?

Side Question: Is there anywhere to snorkel nearby other than akumal beach/turtle beach?

Not interested in cenotes so don't count those

Edited: June 12, 2018, 3:19 am
Devon, United...
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: TRS Yucatan Hotel - Akumal

The other sections are close by as they are all part of the Grand Palladium resort complex.

The ala carte restaurants are located around the resort along with entertainment played in the other lobby areas, so yes you will be using the facilities of the other sections. If I remember the white sands area of the beach has some lovely rocky areas for snorkelling. Personally I wouldn’t go off resort just to go to the beach. Have a look at all the fabulous photos on the hotel website.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
13,492 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: TRS Yucatan Hotel - Akumal

I stayed at TRS twice with my 20+ yr old daughter. She often used the shuttles at night to go to the other resorts for additional entertainment. There is live music in two of the other lobbies at night. Frankly, the food is superior at the TRS so we didn't eat much on the other side . Shuttles are plentiful.

There is good snorkeling off White Sand beach (shallow) and Kantenah beach (deeper). Yu can walk along the beach to both of these or take a shuttle to Kantenah TRS beach.

Mentioned in this post
TRS Yucatan Hotel
TRS Yucatan Hotel
2,664 Reviews
Akumal, Mexico
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: TRS Yucatan Hotel - Akumal

Question about check in - Have you ever arrived to this hotel and they just give you a room upgrade for free?

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
13,492 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: TRS Yucatan Hotel - Akumal

I have heard of this happening now & then but I usually suggest you book what you will be happy with.

Reply to: TRS Yucatan Hotel - Akumal
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;