We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TRS Yucantan

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
17 reviews
TRS Yucantan

For those travelling from the UK we have booked a junior suite with whirlpool, can anyone recommend a room number, high or low floor etc. After reading some of the reviews from our American friends I don't think we have the same choice of availability. Also is there anything you recommend we take with us, we are travelling in September.

14 replies to this topic
Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
13,684 posts
56 reviews
1. Re: TRS Yucantan

Did you book a room with the whirlpool on the deck? If so those are in 69-71 in the original Royal suites close to the 24 hr pool. 2 ND or 3 Rd floor for more privacy. 2 ND floor has privacy drapes. 3 Rd floor doesn't.

Devon, United...
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
13 reviews
2. Re: TRS Yucantan

When you say whirlpool do you mean a standard Jr suite. Jr suites will be on floors 2 and 3 as the Jr suites with plunge pool are on the ground floor (some seem to refer to ground floor as 1st floor. There is no point in recommending a room number as you are unlikely to get a specific room.

I am also travelling in September but have book the plunge pool Jr suite which will obviously be on the ground floor.

Buildings 69-71 are in the original royal section and have a jacuzzi on the balcony, the rooms in the original riviera section have a jaccuci bath in the room. So if you want a jacuzzi on the balcony, request a room in villas 69-71, these buildings do not have an ocean view.

Edited: June 09, 2018, 2:09 am
Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
13,684 posts
56 reviews
3. Re: TRS Yucantan

Correction the Terraza pool is open til midnight not 24 hrs.

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
17 reviews
4. Re: TRS Yucantan

No just a standard junior suite with whirlpool in the room, or so it says

Devon, United...
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
13 reviews
5. Re: TRS Yucantan

The website will have some great photos. The whirlpool bath will either be in the room villas 60-68, or a jacuzzi on the balcony in villas 69-71. You can send an email 1 week prior to your arrival and request a particular range of buildings, don’t be too specific. If an ocean view is important to you, put that first. If you would like the jacuzzi on the balcony request buildings 69-71, high floor. Something like that.

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
17 reviews
6. Re: TRS Yucantan

Thank you,thats really useful to know, we have just booked a standard junior suite with whirl bath in the room I think. I know it says we can request and I think it's worth a shot. Are these blocks in the gardens or do you get a sea or pool view?

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
17 reviews
7. Re: TRS Yucantan

Thank you, sounds like you made a great choice and thank you for responding. The website does say any special requests but I'm assuming they don't take much notice?

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
17 reviews
8. Re: TRS Yucantan

Thank you so much for your response and advise. Will give it a go 😊😊

Devon, United...
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
13 reviews
9. Re: TRS Yucantan

You will have booked a Jr suite, it could be in any of the buildings. I have bad knees so I know I wouldn’t be able to get out of the tubs in the room, so I would request one of the rooms with a jacuzzi on the balcony, these are in the original section 69-71 but these are in the gardens.

Decide what is important and go from there.

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
17 reviews
10. Re: TRS Yucantan

Will do thank you. Are the gardens pretty ? Did you enjoy your holiday there.

Reply to: TRS Yucantan
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Akumal