We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

xcaret park

Glasgow, United...
6 posts
Save Topic
xcaret park

Hi was thinking of visiting this park with my two children when we are on holiday in a few weeks. Is it easier and cheaper to pay online before we arrive or wait and arrange when we arrive through a tour operator?

5 replies to this topic
Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
25,154 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: xcaret park

I'm not sure of their cancellation/change policy but I believe that if you pre-book online, you'll save a few pesos but you're committed to that specific date. If anyone is feeling unwell or the weather doesn't co-operate, too bad.

It's for this reason that I prefer NOT to pre-book excursions if I can avoid it. I believe that if you buy your tickets to Xcaret at the ADO bus station, you get free transportation - https://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g150807…

Southern California
Level Contributor
14,860 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: xcaret park

You can easily just take a taxi from your hotel or condo, no need for a tour and this way you are on your own schedule. From Akumal to Xcaret should cost maybe 400 pesos one way, a bit more if you are further south like at the Bahia or similar. Easy to buy tickets at the entrance as well.

Mentioned in this post
Akumal
Akumal
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Hotel Xcaret Mexico
Hotel Xcaret Mexico
1,498 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Level Contributor
151 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: xcaret park

You get a 15% discount if you pre-book.

Hola-Gata is correct, you must select a day you are going if you pre-book, however they allow you to change the date up to 24 hours in advance, they just wont let you change day of. So there is a degree of risk, if you wake-up that morning to pouring rain you are stuck.

Knoxville, TN
Destination Expert
for Interlaken
Level Contributor
5,003 posts
328 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: xcaret park

If you stay at Hotel Xcaret Mexico the parks are included at no extra charge.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Xcaret Mexico
Hotel Xcaret Mexico
1,498 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Glasgow, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: xcaret park

thanks everyone t

Reply to: xcaret park
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted