We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Akumal Bay Beach Resort or Luxury Bahia Sian Kaan

Lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Topic
Akumal Bay Beach Resort or Luxury Bahia Sian Kaan

Just to throw this out, both coming up at exactly the same price, one is on the beach, families , one is Adult Only, not on the beach, hmmmm !

Can’t decide, anyone been to both who can help me decide either way? Thankyou.

24 replies to this topic
Princes Risborough...
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Akumal Bay Beach Resort or Luxury Bahia Sian Kaan

Have a look on the Facebook page for Akumal bay beach Resort friends. This will be my first time going to mexico but the hotel looks AMAZING and everyone on the page says how wonderful it is.

Mentioned in this post
Akumal Bay Beach & Wellness Resort
Akumal Bay Beach...
5,252 Reviews
Akumal, Mexico
York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
106 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Akumal Bay Beach Resort or Luxury Bahia Sian Kaan

Akumal bay beach is fab and the turtle bay is superb. The other hotel I've been told is more private but very beautiful- have a look on ta reviews

Mentioned in this post
Akumal Bay Beach & Wellness Resort
Akumal Bay Beach...
5,252 Reviews
Akumal, Mexico
Lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Akumal Bay Beach Resort or Luxury Bahia Sian Kaan

I have stayed at Sian Kaan before, love the ambience and Adult Only. ABBR looks beautiful, and love the beachfront location,I am in the Facebook group, but when all said and done it is a fan page. Hope to find someone who has been to both, to give a bit more of a fair comparison.

Mentioned in this post
The Sian Ka'an at Grand Tulum
The Sian Ka'an at Grand...
126 Reviews
Akumal, Mexico
Vermont
Level Contributor
1,614 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Akumal Bay Beach Resort or Luxury Bahia Sian Kaan

Agreed that ABBWR Facebook page is a fan page. It is administered by a resort employee, and definitely censored. That being said, it is a great resort if you don't mind a low-key resort. It's best for people who want to enjoy the beach. The animation team is very low key and there aren't as many bells and whistles as other resorts. The food is excellent. We enjoyed every restaurant except for the Brazilian. It can be a little difficult to find a table at breakfast or lunch, though.

One word of caution. At ABBWR the juices that they use in their drinks aren't actually juices. They are cheap mixes. For example, what they call orange juice is really TANG or something equivalent. I'm not even sure what the cranberry juice was - except I know that it was not actually cranberry juice.

Lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Akumal Bay Beach Resort or Luxury Bahia Sian Kaan

Thanks for the information regarding the juice, to me that is interesting as I never drink concentrated juice, because of the high sugar content. Coming to the Caribbean the least I would expect is fresh juice! You see, it’s sometimes just the little things! That’s surprising actually, as prices reflect all round quality. Sian Kaan do have fresh juice!!

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
The Sian Ka'an at Grand Tulum
The Sian Ka'an at Grand...
126 Reviews
Akumal, Mexico
Vermont
Level Contributor
1,614 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Akumal Bay Beach Resort or Luxury Bahia Sian Kaan

To be frank, it's enough to have us looking elsewhere for our next trip. It's really too bad, since we like everything else about the resort. But a tropical drink without real juice just doesn't cut it.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
117 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Akumal Bay Beach Resort or Luxury Bahia Sian Kaan

Oh know...we have booked ABBWR for this year. Hopefully not a mistake ?

Edited: May 22, 2018, 2:54 am
Vermont
Level Contributor
1,614 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Akumal Bay Beach Resort or Luxury Bahia Sian Kaan

It’s a great resort other than the juice issue. To be frank, we started drinking only beer and wine. But otherwise I would not hesitate to recommend it.

Penetang
Level Contributor
234 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Akumal Bay Beach Resort or Luxury Bahia Sian Kaan

Those who go to ABBR like the beach and town location , rest is average , not Luxury Adults with ALL its options . Food and Service is top rated at SK and rest of complex is VERY entertaining . Bahia has 1.5 miles of Private beach with nautical centre , 12 pools and as any places to eat , 2 golf courses and hacienda . A Cab can take you to Akumal , have a breakfast at Lol Ha and stroll the beach , pop into ABBR and see the difference !

Mentioned in this post
Akumal
Akumal
Riviera Maya, Mexico
ohio
Level Contributor
20 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Akumal Bay Beach Resort or Luxury Bahia Sian Kaan

Have stayed at both. Getting ready to go back to ABBW next month. ABBW all rooms are oceanfront and resort is small and laidback. SK is part of huge complex and you have to take shuttle to beach. Both places have excellent food but reservations required at SK. It all depends on what kind of experence you want.

Reply to: Akumal Bay Beach Resort or Luxury Bahia Sian Kaan
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted