We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TRS shower door problem

Weston super Mare...
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Topic
TRS shower door problem

We are here for 2 weeks and on the 3rd day my husband was leaving the shower in our room he pushed the door

Open (it moves both ways) and the door pushed the bath mat away from the shower entrance. Hence he needed to step in to the floor to get to the mat. He slipped and broke his wrist in 2 places. As this resort is recently refurbished I think more effort should have been considered with non slip floors

33 replies to this topic
Devon, United...
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TRS shower door problem

What has the hotel done for you to assist. Is your post a warning to others ?

2. Re: TRS shower door problem

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: May 14, 2018, 6:35 pm

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
29,736 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TRS shower door problem

Has he received proper medical care?

Please be careful around wet tile inside or outside.

Baby steps. Avoid sloping tile.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
13,495 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: TRS shower door problem

Once again I am sorry this happened

The issue can be corrected by moving the door up a half inch allowing for a mat to be placed under the door. I always hung a mat on the hook outside of the door along with a robe & towel.

Orange County...
Level Contributor
8,884 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: TRS shower door problem

yikes! Sorry this happened on your honeymoon. Hopefully, he's been treated, and this will be a good warning to others to tread carefully in the bathrooms.

Weston super Mare...
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: TRS shower door problem

They offered us a trip to the spa!!! We had a manager visit our room so we could show her the problem, but they are not admitting liability. Others visitors are also experiencing the same problem

Devon, United...
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: TRS shower door problem

The hotel won’t admit liability as this leaves them open to possible litigation. Did you accept the offer of the spa trip or are you looking for something else.

However this post will remind others just to be careful around tiles and water.

Weston super Mare...
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: TRS shower door problem

We would like another holiday at least. My husband is self employed as an electrician and we be unable to work for 2-3 months

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
375 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: TRS shower door problem

A trip to the spa is pretty poor compensation for a ruined trip. You should ask for a free return trip (but you would likely have to cover the airfare).

Sorry this happened to you.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
5,127 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: TRS shower door problem

It is my experience in Mexico, and elsewhere, many condos and hotels have used the wrong type of tiles in construction and have tiles that become incredibly slippery when wet. That doesn't help you, but it's important to know in general, that you can't safely walk on a wet tile floor.

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Reply to: TRS shower door problem
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Akumal