We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Late night transportation from HKIA to Foshan

Los Angeles...
4 posts
Save Topic
Late night transportation from HKIA to Foshan

I arrive in HK at 18:55 and need transportation to Foshan on October 16, 2018. It appears that everything going to Foshan has already left for the night. Is there something like Uber that I can use for the trip to Foshan?

Mentioned in this post
Foshan
Foshan
Guangdong, China
10 replies to this topic
Dublin, California
Level Contributor
23,104 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Late night transportation from HKIA to Foshan

The last bus to Foshan appears to be 21:00 (October schedule is not up yet). So you may still have time to catch the last bus.

Mentioned in this post
Foshan
Foshan
Guangdong, China
Shenzhen, China
Level Contributor
1,918 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Late night transportation from HKIA to Foshan

If you must be there that evening then look at these providers of direct transport.

hongkongairport.com/en/…skylimo.page

My guess is close to HK$2000.

A cheaper alternative is to get into a hotel close to Futian station in Shenzhen and get trains up in the morning, arriving in Foshan before 9am. If you want to pursue that I can give more details.

Mentioned in this post
Shenzhen
Shenzhen
Guangdong, China
Foshan
Foshan
Guangdong, China
Los Angeles...
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Late night transportation from HKIA to Foshan

Yes please give me more info on your train suggestion.

Los Angeles...
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Late night transportation from HKIA to Foshan

Which bus service can we contact for that last bus?

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
Level Contributor
13,727 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Late night transportation from HKIA to Foshan

You don’t contact bus, just buy ticket and go. 250 HKD, 3.5 hours, last bus 9PM. Forget train.

https:/…step1

Shenzhen, China
Level Contributor
1,918 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Late night transportation from HKIA to Foshan

OK - Plan A - flight arrives on time, you breeze through immigration, pause long enough to draw some HK$ and RMB from ATMs in the arrival hall, then follow the signs to Mainland Transport down a ramp turn left along a corridor and the ticket sales counters are on your right when entering the waiting area. They will look after you from there. You can check how reliable your particular flight is on several websites. HKIA is very efficient and fast, so I would expect Plan A to mostly succeed.

Alternatives if you miss that bus.

B. While in the airport terminal use their Wi-Fi to find out how much a night in the Regal - attached to the terminal will cost. Then you would be able to catch the 7am bus the next day arriving somewhere in Foshan about 10:30am. If you decide to do that book from in the terminal on a booking site, don't just walk up to thei front desk.

C. Book a dual-plate vehicle in the same place as the bus ticketing offices. You are now standing in that area after 9pm and they know you have no other way of getting to Foshan that night. It will not be cheap - no idea how much. Compare against the cost of a night in the Regal, the hotel in Foshan you have already paid for and the HK$250 per person on the bus.

D. Book a hotel you have already selected in Shenzhen close to Futian station, not just in Futian District which is large, while still in the airport. From the same counters as the bus tickets book a van seat at HK$150 per person to Huanggang. Enter China and find the legal taxis by crossing a footbridge. Show the driver you hotel name in Chinese and a little while later you are there. The next morning bright and early find the ticket sales counters and buy tickets to Foshan West station. Follow all the signs in English - more like an airport check-in and ride, changing trains at Guangzhou South to arrive before 9am. If your flight shows up in Plan A as regularly late, then this could be Plan A. Then you would pre-book your night in Shenzhen and not book that night in Foshan,

Mentioned in this post
Foshan
Foshan
Guangdong, China
Shenzhen
Shenzhen
Guangdong, China
Guangzhou
Guangzhou
Guangdong, China
Los Angeles...
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Late night transportation from HKIA to Foshan

Thanks for the excellent instructions

Macau, China
Level Contributor
7,013 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Late night transportation from HKIA to Foshan

From Guangzhou South, you do not need to transfer to another high speed train anymore (in which you need another land transportation again). It is already close enough to Foshan with bus #K6 or #K6快 (快 means fast - or Express in this case) directly going to city center like Jihuayuen or taxi.

Mentioned in this post
Guangzhou
Guangzhou
Guangdong, China
Foshan
Foshan
Guangdong, China
Shenzhen, China
Level Contributor
1,918 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Late night transportation from HKIA to Foshan

Thanks Hiro. I haven't been to Foshan since about 1990 and know nothing about those buses.

Mentioned in this post
Foshan
Foshan
Guangdong, China
Cape Town, South...
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Late night transportation from HKIA to Foshan

I did the hk to foshan trip last week. At the hk airport exit go to terminal 2, the bus counter is there (you wont miss it, a lot of ladies shouting for the business), last bus to guangzhou leaves at 11pm. This bus will drop you at the garden hotel. What i did was then go to the reception and asked them to call a meter taxi to foshan (maximum 30 minute drive), it cost 60 rmb. Note: i got into hk the same time that you will arrive and i arrived in foshan at about 00:30.

Tip: have the foshan address in cantonese with you handy. Most taxi drivers here don't know the english names of places.

Reply to: Late night transportation from HKIA to Foshan
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted