We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vacation rental

Fort Myers...
Level Contributor
16 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Vacation rental

We are looking for a vacation rental in Matthews. It must be within a short walk from downtown. Dates are very flexible. Our grandchildren are there and will visit several times a year. We would like to have a king szed bed instead f queen.

4 replies to this topic
Chapel Hill, North...
Level Contributor
9,333 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vacation rental

I guess there might be an AirBnB there, but Matthews is not typically thought of as a vacation destination. I'd check out AirBnB and see what you find.

Charlotte, North...
Destination Expert
for North Carolina
Level Contributor
3,074 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vacation rental

Yeah, Airbnb might be your best option, and being that Matthews is not a vacation destination(I grew up there), just a busy small town/suburb of Charlotte, I'm not sure you'll find what you are wanting even there. I'd also try posting on the city-data forum, see if anyone there has any ideas/info that might help you. http://www.city-data.com/forum/charlotte/

Mentioned in this post
Charlotte
Charlotte
North Carolina
Indian Trail, North...
Destination Expert
for Charlotte, Matthews
Level Contributor
877 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vacation rental

I checked VRBO and AirBNB and there aren't many options, unfortunately. They are building a new extended stay type hotel close to downtown Matthews, but it wouldn't be within walking distance. Super short drive though. I'm not sure of the name. There is a nice Hampton Inn in Matthews as well. Again, not walking distance, but you can walk to restaurants such as Chic Fi la, Bonefish and Longhorn. It's about a 5 minute drive into downtown Matthews.

Fort Myers...
Level Contributor
16 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vacation rental

Thanks everyone...when you do an airbnb or vrbo search, it lumps Matthews in with Charlotte. Want to be in Matthews! Oh well...gave it a shot

Thanks everyone

Mentioned in this post
Charlotte
Charlotte
North Carolina
Reply to: Vacation rental
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Matthews
Recent Conversations