We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach renourishment this year

Chapel Hill, North...
Level Contributor
435 posts
52 reviews
56 helpful votes
Beach renourishment this year
Save

We're at Emerald Isle now and were surprised to find the big renourishment project right in front of our house rental. If you're planning a trip to EI you'll want to know where the project is (it didn't matter to us because we had already paid for the house last fall).

http://carteretcountync.gov/827/Florence-Renourishment-Project-2021

8 replies to this topic
florida
Level Contributor
23 posts
6 reviews
2 helpful votes
1. Re: Beach renourishment this year
Save

This is very helpful as we have a trip planned but I am having a hard time figuring out this map. Would you mind sharing (in general terms - a few blocks) where the renourishment project is currently/where you rented? Thanks!

Chapel Hill, North...
Level Contributor
435 posts
52 reviews
56 helpful votes
2. Re: Beach renourishment this year
Save

The map is difficult to follow, and it didn't make sense to us when we were there, either. You might want to check with whoever you are renting from as they will have a better idea if you will be affected.

Emerald Isle, NC
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
4 helpful votes
3. Re: Beach renourishment this year
Save

Right now the crew is working in the 5000 block of Ocean Drive. They are moving East towards the lower numbered blocks and are supposed to be finished before April 30th for the turtle nesting season.

6 posts
4. Re: Beach renourishment this year
Save

You will actually want to boycott this entire county. (Carteret county) These fascists are violating NC law by arresting people on Public Trust Doctrine beaches.

Chapel Hill, North...
Level Contributor
435 posts
52 reviews
56 helpful votes
5. Re: Beach renourishment this year
Save

With all due respect Coach B doesn’t know what he’s talking about. In 2016 there was a lawsuit because someone bought a beach house and didn’t like town and other vehicles driving on the beach. Nobody has been arrested. And people have been driving on the beach in Carteret County for many years, certainly since the 1979s when I started going there.

6. Re: Beach renourishment this year

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the Tripadvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: May 05, 2021, 11:28 am

6 posts
7. Re: Beach renourishment this year
Save

You are wrong Madam!

I was threatened with Arrest right on property I rented that also falls under public trust doctrine. The grunt working for Great Lakes Dredge and Dock that called the police bragged how he had just gotten someone arrested a few days earlier.

This is classic fascism of Big biz and local government teaming up to violate your rights.

Boycott Emeral Isle and Carteret County.

Edited: yesterday, 3:51 pm
6 posts
8. Re: Beach renourishment this year
Save

"And people have been driving on the beach in Carteret County for many years,"

Who said anything about driving? I was threatened with arrest, on the beach, on property I rented.

With all due respect. You don't know what you're talking about Lynn-in-Chapel-Hill.

Reply to: Beach renourishment this year
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Emerald Isle
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.