We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary question

Westchester County...
Level Contributor
82 posts
21 reviews
19 helpful votes
Itinerary question
Save

Hi - I plan to fly into Asheville NC on a direct evening flight. (I've been to the biltmore; I’m not interested in touring Asheville) Does my proposed itinerary seem doable. I’d like to divide my trip into 2 different areas. Welcome anyone’s suggestions!

Thurs Night Late arrival Asheville Airport-Rent car at airport -Stay overnight @ Asheville Airport Hotel.

Day 1 - Drive to Blowing Rock

Days 2-5 - Stay in Blowing Rock (4 nights) - see sites in the area

Day 5 - Travel to Waynesville or Bryson City (I’m leaning towards Waynesville)

Day 6-9 - Stay in Waynesville (4 nights) - day trips to various sites and day trip to GSMNat’l Park, Newfound Gap (Max Patch or Waterrock Knob)

Day 9 - Travel Late Afternoon to Asheville/Stay at overnight @ Asheville Airport Hotel.

Day 10 - Catch morning flight home from Asheville Airport

Bryson City looks nice and closer to the parks, but it’s more driving from Blowing Rock and then more driving back to Asheville. I like to hike, paddle board, walk around town and perhaps see a lake - I’ve seen enough waterfalls, unless there is an incredible one, I’d rather see the mountains!

3 replies to this topic
Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
258 posts
1. Re: Itinerary question
Save

It seems like a good plan. You can easily drive from Waynesville or Bryson City to Asheville, so don't need to stay at the airport. There is a good brewery there though, so you could stay at the airport just to be near that without worrying about driving after.

Chattanooga...
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
13,253 posts
146 reviews
76 helpful votes
2. Re: Itinerary question
Save

This itinerary sounds great. I will help with some additional information that may help you plan.

www.BlowingRock.com

www.exploreBoone.com

www.exploreAsheville.com

www.VirtualBlueRidge.com

www.Grandfather.com

www.Blueridgeparkway.org

Westchester County...
Level Contributor
82 posts
21 reviews
19 helpful votes
3. Re: Itinerary question
Save

Thanks!

Reply to: Itinerary question
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.