We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Me and Frappy just need to hit the road

Tucson, Arizona
11 posts
Save Topic
Me and Frappy just need to hit the road

I lost my partner of 43 years to liver cancer, and next month will be the one year anniversary of his death, and rather then sit home and feel sad, I just wanna take my small dog Frappy and get in the car and drive from Tucson to New Mexico, just to get away, to get lost for a several days, and have some unique adventures. I have no destination in mind. I just want to go. Can anyone recommend any destinations / places / things to do / hotels that are unique, maybe out of the way (kind of like the movie Bagdad Hotel), things and places that are dog friendly? Me and Frappy just need to get out of town.

3 replies to this topic
Truth or...
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Me and Frappy just need to hit the road

I'm sorry for your loss. Please take some time for some relaxation in a funky hot springs town like Truth or Consequences NM. There are nearly a dozen affordable spa/hotels and most are Frappy friendly!

Tucson, Arizona
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Me and Frappy just need to hit the road

Thank you for the info. Me and Frappy appreciate it.

Silver City, New...
Destination Expert
for Silver City, New Mexico
Level Contributor
1,260 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Me and Frappy just need to hit the road

Silver City is an easy 3 hour drive from Tucson. Quirky, arty, fun town. Lots of folks from Tucson come here in the summer because it averages about 20 degrees cooler. Plenty of good restaurants, many art galleries, and the Gila Wilderness, 3.3 million acres of unspoiled territory, begins just outside of town.

Reply to: Me and Frappy just need to hit the road
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Truth or Consequences