We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which spa house is best, I would prefer in room bath?

Deming
Level Contributor
74 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Which spa house is best, I would prefer in room bath?

I will be visiting T or C March 19-20. I have stayed at the Charles Motel in October and had a lovely time. We booked three rooms and all were comfortable and resonably priced; however I would prefer to have the mineral bath in my room.

I have read several reviews and seems like Blackstone or Fire Water would be the best choices to stay.

Does anyone have a preference? Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Mentioned in this post
Fire Water Lodge
Fire Water Lodge
583 Reviews
Truth or Consequences, NM
9 replies to this topic
Deming
Level Contributor
74 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which spa house is best, I would prefer in room bath?

Wow this forum is quiet. I went ahead and booked LaPaloma since Blackstone and Fire Water were full.

I will write a review of my impressions!

Have a great day!

Mentioned in this post
Fire Water Lodge
Fire Water Lodge
583 Reviews
Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
2,169 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which spa house is best, I would prefer in room bath?

We will thank you in advance for your review Cathy. The truth is, this so-called New Mexico "expert," is ignorant of the spa-scene in Truth or Consequences. Apparently, I'm not the only one. Our "resident expert" who does know the spas of T or C, has been absent for a while unfortunately. Enjoy your soak! :-)

Mentioned in this post
New Mexico
New Mexico
United States
Truth or Consequences
Truth or Consequences
Sierra County, NM
Deming
Level Contributor
74 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which spa house is best, I would prefer in room bath?

I stayed at La Paloma on March 19 and Pelican on March 24-26. I enjoyed both of them immensely. I posted reviews on both properties web sites.

I like the baths at both accomodations for different reasons, but they are equally enjoyable. I was surprised at how booked all of the bath houses were. I grew up in TorC and didn't realise just how popular attraction the spas are.

Truth or...
Level Contributor
20 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which spa house is best, I would prefer in room bath?

Sorry I missed this question in time for your visit, overseasCathy. The Blackstone and Fire Water are the best for in-room hot mineral water. The only room at the Pelican with hot mineral water in room is right by the check-in area and very noisy. This is not an indictment of the Pelican's other rooms, just this one with the spa tub in it.

Mentioned in this post
Fire Water Lodge
Fire Water Lodge
583 Reviews
Honolulu, Hawaii...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Which spa house is best, I would prefer in room bath?

The Blackstone is the best. I lived in T or C and my parents still do, and the owners of the Blackstone was nice enough to give me a tour of the rooms, and they were beautiful. My spouse paid for my parents to spend thier anniversary there and they were treated with the upmost respect. I would stay there when in town if they were not always booked. That's why thier booked it's wonderful. Like a haven or oasis in the desert.

Truth or...
Level Contributor
20 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which spa house is best, I would prefer in room bath?

The Blackstone is indeed a wonderful place to stay and the only one that has the mineral water in EVERY room. The hot springs water flows into soaking tubs in most of them but one or two are showers only.

However, I would also recommend the Fire Water Lodge, as several of their rooms have the hot mineral water in the room. One of the rooms has a private patio with a two-person soaking tub with the hot springs water, if you prefer an outdoor soak. They have a nice courtyard with a bbq you can use if you want and I believe laid-back owner Richard is still including a breakfast coupon for Happy Belly Deli with each night's stay. Their rooms have a more rustic feel to them, as opposed to the modern retro-kitsch one of the Blackstone. I have a photo of the 'Waterfall' room if I can figure out how to post it.

At any rate, other than one small, noisy room at the Pelican, I believe those are still the only ones in town with the mineral water IN the rooms. (I recommend the OTHER rooms at the Pelican, just not THAT room.)

Mentioned in this post
Fire Water Lodge
Fire Water Lodge
583 Reviews
Nishinomiya, Japan
Level Contributor
78 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which spa house is best, I would prefer in room bath?

My family stayed in the room with the outdoor bath at the Fire Water Lodge in 2012 and absolutely loved it. I'm a hot spring nut who lives in Japan and really wanted to enjoy some American springs for the first time in a long time. It really was an amazing experience. We will be going back on our next trip to the states.

Mentioned in this post
Fire Water Lodge
Fire Water Lodge
583 Reviews
Truth or...
Level Contributor
20 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which spa house is best, I would prefer in room bath?

Along with the Fire Water Lodge and the Blackstone Hot Springs you mentioned, here's an update: Sierra Grande Lodge also has a Casita and the upstairs Ted Turner Suite with the natural hot mineral water piped into a tub in your room. If you can handle the price for the 2-bedroom Casita, it also has a "hot tub" in the privacy fenced front courtyard. A nice stay in a newly updated rustic house of its own.

Mentioned in this post
Fire Water Lodge
Fire Water Lodge
583 Reviews
Sierra Grande Lodge & Spa
888 Reviews
Truth or...
Level Contributor
20 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which spa house is best, I would prefer in room bath?

Update to my previous post: Sierra Grande Lodge now has two rooms with the hot springs mineral water in the room. The Ted Turner Room on the 2nd floor, which opens onto a shared veranda with table and chairs and enough room for entertaining; and the Casita, which is a 2-bedroom house with an outdoor tub plus a tub in the master suite. Also, Happy Belly Deli is closed so I'm thinking no breakfast is included with stays at the Fire Water Lodge but I do believe they've expanded the number of rooms (and I think they only have 10) with the natural hot mineral water to each room, plus their 2-3 soaking tubs indoors on a first come first serve basis for guests.

Mentioned in this post
888 Reviews
Fire Water Lodge
Fire Water Lodge
583 Reviews
Reply to: Which spa house is best, I would prefer in room bath?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Truth or Consequences