We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wild dogs in Gallop NM??

Wild dogs in Gallop NM??
Save

We are driving along I-40 just into Gallop and 4 dogs are running around the highway median. A couple miles later a few more dogs are running on the right side of highway. Scary and hope they don't get hit or cause an accident... Are these feral dogs?

5 replies to this topic
Hazel Dell...
Level Contributor
593 posts
1 review
1. Re: Wild dogs in Gallop NM??
Save

I have seen groups of feral/semi-feral dogs in and around Gallup. They tend to avoid people. The only thing I can say is that the resources to control or prevent this, that may exist elsewhere, are not as robust in this part of the state.

Edited: April 18, 2021, 6:18 am
Wickenburg, Arizona
Level Contributor
5,379 posts
2. Re: Wild dogs in Gallop NM??
Save

Welcome to the Forums, PNW!

If you drive along Hwy 491, north of Gallop thru the Indian reservation, you'll see a lot more of these feral dogs.I guess they're migrating south. Seeing them on the interstate is a new one however.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
464 posts
3. Re: Wild dogs in Gallop NM??
Save

Helps keep the sheep population down. PE

Wickenburg, Arizona
Level Contributor
5,379 posts
4. Re: Wild dogs in Gallop NM??
Save

I see that carracar is back! No "happy trails"?

Edited: April 19, 2021, 12:07 am
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
464 posts
5. Re: Wild dogs in Gallop NM??
Save

No happy trails. for the sheep ! PE

Reply to: Wild dogs in Gallop NM??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Gallup
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.