We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from RG to HCMC

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,621 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Bus from RG to HCMC

Does anyone have daytime bus times from Rach Gia to HCMC along with approximate travel time.

We are planning on a 1 or 2 night stay in Rach Gia after the boat from PQ, We flew to and from PQ last trip and want to try the super dong crossing as we are sick of flying everywhere and all thats involved.

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Rach Gia
Rach Gia
Kien Giang Province, Vietnam
4 replies to this topic
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
5,630 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from RG to HCMC

Futa have 43 buses a day going from Rach Gia to HCMC for 135000 a head. They claim it is 6.15 hours but I think it it will be more than that.

I think the worst buses are the ones that arrive in HCMC in peak hour.

https://futabus.vn/en-US/route.html

Edited: January 26, 2017, 8:15 am
Mentioned in this post
Rach Gia
Rach Gia
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
5,630 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from RG to HCMC

I would ask your hotel to book for you the day before

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
486 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus from RG to HCMC

Bear in mind that the intercity buses will only pick up at the depot which is around 5km outside Rach Gia and will drop you off at Mien Tay Bus Station in HCMC 10km from district 1. It will be up to you to get to and from the bus stations which adds to the travel times.

I've taken the sleeper buses on this route and found it was quite relaxing, with the a delay of around 30 minutes queuing to get onto the vehicle ferry to cross the Mekong.

Mentioned in this post
Rach Gia
Rach Gia
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,621 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus from RG to HCMC

Thanks people!

I may still do it in reverse which gives me extra time in Vung Tau before we leave for home. (weighing up options)

Gordon M this happened to us when I did a self booked bus from Can Tho to HCMC, We caught a taxi to D1 and our hotel security/doorman questioned the cab driver about our high cab charge not knowing we had come from the main bus station. thumbs up to the Duc Voung doorman. :)

Mentioned in this post
Vung Tau
Vung Tau
Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province, Vietnam
Reply to: Bus from RG to HCMC
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Rach Gia