We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for input: luxury hotel for 30/40-somethings

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
54 posts
20 reviews
60 helpful votes
Looking for input: luxury hotel for 30/40-somethings
Save

Hi, fellow travelers. My husband and I will have 2 nights in Vegas this coming December and are trying to pick a hotel. I have not visited Vegas since I was a child, and my husband hasn't been in nearly a decade, so I'm trying to do as much research as possible before deciding. I see a lot of "20-somethings should go here," and "over-50's should go here," but as we're kind of in an in-between age group, I wanted to reach out to this board and see if anyone could offer some input.

We'll be coming off a hiking trip in Death Valley National Park and just really want to treat ourselves to luxury accommodations, excellent food, spa treatments, and a little bit of gambling/nightlife before we fly back home.

I'm 34 and my husband is 41. We are highly active people (long walks are not a problem), love good food, and while my husband does gamble a bit, it's not a huge priority for us. A nice on-premise spa would be great, as would a good variety of high-end restaurants. While we aren't strict vegans/vegetarians, we don't eat a lot of meat or fish, so a hotel that offers diverse dining options would be a plus (as opposed to a litany of steakhouse/seafood type places). We like to have a few drinks and don't mind a more lively scene, but we aren't hardcore partiers.

Finally, I would really prefer a place with minimal kids/families.

Since we'll be there in December, the pool scene is not a consideration.

I've looked at The Cosmopolitan, Palazzo/Venetian, Four Seasons, Vdara, Wynn/Encore, Bellagio, and Aria. Right now the recent reviews look awfully mixed for almost all of them -- I am wondering if this can be chalked up to understaffing/COVID. Nonetheless, I'm feeling a little lost and would love to hear from other travelers who've actually visited these places.

We'd like to keep the room under $500/night, but we are comfortable spending freely on good food and drink.

Thank you in advance!

24 replies to this topic
Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
74,472 posts
49 reviews
112 helpful votes
1. Re: Looking for input: luxury hotel for 30/40-somethings
Save

Wynn.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
30,080 posts
34 reviews
22 helpful votes
2. Re: Looking for input: luxury hotel for 30/40-somethings
Save

Wynn/Encore ticks all the boxes

Chula Vista...
11 posts
3. Re: Looking for input: luxury hotel for 30/40-somethings
Save

Another vote for Wynn/Encore. I think it fits all your requirements. I've stayed at many of the other luxury resorts on the strip, and I keep going back to Encore. Was just there in May and going back in a couple of weeks. Minimal kids, but sometimes there is an issue IMHO with 20-30 somethings and the "beach clubs". But it probably won't be a problem in December.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
453 posts
1 review
3 helpful votes
4. Re: Looking for input: luxury hotel for 30/40-somethings
Save

Wynn is where you want to be, although you really can't go wrong with any of the choices you listed. Aria is a much better location, but Wynn tops it in service and luxury.

Fremont, California
Level Contributor
74,792 posts
8,650 reviews
4,050 helpful votes
5. Re: Looking for input: luxury hotel for 30/40-somethings
Save

Cosmpolitan or the Wynn/Encore - Enjoy.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
7,452 posts
15 reviews
54 helpful votes
6. Re: Looking for input: luxury hotel for 30/40-somethings
Save

I can narrow it down for you a little. I would take Vdara and Bellagio off your list. I just don't see you guys enjoying either of those places. The other 5 would be perfectly acceptable to you. Wynncore I have never stayed at but hear they frown on the kid aspect. FS is a private secluded area of Mandalay Bay that may be perfect for you. V/P has awesome rooms. Cosmo has the best views in town and Aria, well its in the City Center.

Personally I would choose Cosmo, Boulevard Tower, high floor, north facing room. But, if you guys are in chill mode, FS or Wynncore may be a better fit.

United States
Level Contributor
75,926 posts
25 reviews
62 helpful votes
7. Re: Looking for input: luxury hotel for 30/40-somethings
Save

Wynn is the one that immediately comes to mind. The only downside is it’s not in a great location.

Edited: September 01, 2021, 3:55 am
New Jersey
Level Contributor
7,681 posts
161 reviews
88 helpful votes
8. Re: Looking for input: luxury hotel for 30/40-somethings
Save

I would probably go with the Wynn as well. It's not really a place that's all that child friendly. You'll have great restaurants on site, with many vegetarian/vegan options, and the vibes is definitely upscale. I think a Cosmo fountain view terrace suite would be a great experience as well but it is more of a party atmosphere that you might want to visit but probably don't want to stay at.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
54 posts
20 reviews
60 helpful votes
9. Re: Looking for input: luxury hotel for 30/40-somethings
Save

These responses are really helpful, thank you all so much! I think I'm now trying to decide between Wynn and Cosmopolitan. Wynn looks a little classier and less roudy/party-ish, which is attractive, but the terrace rooms at Cosmopolitan look fantastic (we bundle up and sit outside even when it's not particularly warm), and the restaurant and entertainment options there are enticing (of course the ones at Wynn look great, too).

Thank you again to everyone who replied!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,247 posts
129 reviews
54 helpful votes
10. Re: Looking for input: luxury hotel for 30/40-somethings
Save

Another vote for Wynn. It checks all of your boxes.

Reply to: Looking for input: luxury hotel for 30/40-somethings
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.