We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

route 160, places to stay near Springfield

north pole
Level Contributor
9 posts
71 reviews
20 helpful votes
route 160, places to stay near Springfield
Save

Will be flying into Springfield in Sept, spending the night and then driving to Branson the next morning for a family reunion. I am looking for places to stay close to or right off Rt 160 so I am ready to head out in the morning. Have no idea about the area and getting from airport to a place to stay by 160. TIA/// God Bless America

2 replies to this topic
Springfield...
Level Contributor
115 posts
20 reviews
18 helpful votes
1. Re: route 160, places to stay near Springfield
Save

Is there a reason on 160 (Campbell)? It is a major stop and go artery through Springfield, will take you a bit longer to get to Branson. Hwy 65 is a better and quicker route to Branson-especially in September with school in session, with a several schools off 160 and school bus traffic. Assume you are renting a car?-suggest heading to hwy 65/Glenstone (off James River) to the Hilton Garden inn - super easy to get to and closer to 65 to get to Branson. Or if late night flight head to the Doubletree on North Glenstone right off hwy 44-also a quick trip east on 44 in am to 65 south. Both have good places to grab something to eat and lot of stuff around them, better areas to stay. Springfield isn't that big so even though it may feel like your driving "forever" I promise from north end of town (airport) to south end isn't more than 20-25 minutes :)

https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/sgfmogi-hilton-garden-inn-springfield-mo/?SEO_id=GMB-GI-SGFMOGI&y_source=1_MjA4NDA2Mi03MTUtbG9jYXRpb24uZ29vZ2xlX3dlYnNpdGVfb3ZlcnJpZGU%3D

north pole
Level Contributor
9 posts
71 reviews
20 helpful votes
2. Re: route 160, places to stay near Springfield
Save

Thank you. I messed up on the route. I will be on 65 and your hotel suggestions are very much appreciated. I do not leave the state very often and when I do areas/city's really bother me so you pointing out they are good areas is a huge bit of info for me. Thanks again and I will check out both places you suggested to stay.

take care. God Bless America Steve O

Reply to: route 160, places to stay near Springfield
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Springfield
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.