We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ally Cat Sailing Tours

Flower Mound, Texas
Level Contributor
119 posts
Ally Cat Sailing Tours
Save

Hello Again,

I am hoping to find a day sail during our vacation in Sayulita. The only outfit I can find is Ally Cat Tours. Their website shows 3 boats, The Ally Cat, The Fat Cat and the Ally Cat Too. The Ally Cat Too looks to be the smallest, which would be our preference. Can anyone tell me if these are booze cruises/ party boats? We are not into the party boat/ booze cruise thing and would much prefer a chill day on the water with guests maxing out at a dozen, give or take with a stop or two a different beaches along the coast. Drinks, rum punch, snacks etc, would be nice as well. Does anyone have direct experience with this company and the types of sailing they offer? Or, is there another company that offers cat/ tri day sails that are more low key? We've had a great experiences on smaller cats in Roatan, Key Caulker and Cozumel. Hoping for someting similar in Sayulita/ PV.

4 replies to this topic
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
24 posts
11 reviews
6 helpful votes
1. Re: Ally Cat Sailing Tours
Save

I just got back from Sayulita and did the Fat Cat. It was the highlight of the trip. Although it is a "booze cruise" it was filled with fun. We snorkeled, saw the Mariettas and did other water sports. They timed it perfectly. There were 30 people. They apparently used to have 100 per trip. 30 was great. I did read somewhere that a smaller group chartered a trip. The price per person for our trip was $95USD I think. Tips not included and we tipped due to such tremendous service and fun. Next trip we go to Sayulita this will be a must do again.

Flower Mound, Texas
Level Contributor
119 posts
2. Re: Ally Cat Sailing Tours
Save

Kelly, thank you for your reply! What was vibe on the boat? Was the crew in your face with shots and "drink, drink, drink!" mantra? Or did they let you just chill and do you own thing? For reference, years ago, we went on a sail in Aruba and the crew was obnoxious, excessively flirting with all of the women, embarrassing the men in the process and constantly encouraging people to get drunk. - not my kind of fun.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
24 posts
11 reviews
6 helpful votes
3. Re: Ally Cat Sailing Tours
Save

We had several groups of people who were very different but everyone got along well. Well, except for the couple who needed a hotel room! The crew seems to be able to get the sense of what the group wants. One person had been on the same cruise a week before. She said it was different because there were families. The group we had was a mishmash of all different people. Some were in their 20s and hungover and didn't do a ton but lay up top. Another group was very social and included everyone in the boat if you wanted to dance and have fun. Truly it was a great day. So much more fun than I anticipated. It's a great value too. I think you could ask Ally Cat about the groups that are signed up i.e. families, etc. I hope this helps.

Alameda, California
Level Contributor
439 posts
1 review
2 helpful votes
4. Re: Ally Cat Sailing Tours
Save

We did Chiccaloca....yeah, it's a booze cruise BUT...lots of kids, snorkeling, paddle boarding, kayaks, slides etc. I was very skeptical when we first boarded due to the demographics of the group. But, by the time we got back, it turned out to be a fun, very diverse group. I actually vowed to learn how to pole dance during the off-season so the next year I could blow everyone's mind (didn't happen).

Reply to: Ally Cat Sailing Tours
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sayulita
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.