We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grocery Delivery

Crested Butte...
Level Contributor
31 posts
5 reviews
6 helpful votes
Grocery Delivery
Save

Can anyone recommend a grocery delivery service? We are a group of 20 and would love to arrive to an already stocked house if possible. Thanks!

5 replies to this topic
Alameda, California
Level Contributor
368 posts
1 review
2 helpful votes
1. Re: Grocery Delivery
Save

It seems like there used to be more options for grocery deliver? Maybe just another victim of COVID or maybe they've opted to save money on advertising. I found this...

https://www.sayulitalife.com/organic-select#reviews_block

Sayulita
Level Contributor
1,743 posts
34 reviews
24 helpful votes
2. Re: Grocery Delivery
Save

I would suggest contacting your property manager or owner and asking them if they can look after this for you. Alternately, I do know that La Comer delivers to Sayulita. It's a major grocery store near Bucerias, between the airport and Sayulita. Here's the online ordering delivery site: https://www.lacomer.com.mx/lacomer/#!/home?succId=287&succFmt=100

But really, talk to your property manager first and they would be far better at ordering in what you want.

Alameda, California
Level Contributor
368 posts
1 review
2 helpful votes
3. Re: Grocery Delivery
Save

We always stop at the Mega in Bucerias on our way to the house and load up. My daughter and I are weirdos who love grocery shopping. It's a part of our trip that we really look forward to (like I said...weirdos). It's really only for the first day basics...there are plenty of small grocery stores in Sayulita for after day 1.

I get it though...everything gets exponentially harder the larger your group is. In November, I made everyone stay in the car while I shopped because teenage girls have a habit of scattering in all shopping situations and I didn't want to deal with it. This year we are compromising and each group has a designated shopper. Maybe one or two of you could travel separately to the house and be in charge of the Mega trip.

As for Harry's suggestion, it's almost guaranteed your house has a cleaning lady who would be happy to do some advance shopping for you for a small fee. I agree that you should start there. Both Comer and Mega in Bucerias have all of the standard stuff a Safeway in the US has (and so much more). I would just keep my list simple and broad so that it doesn't get lost in translation. Example: Tortilla Chips not Doritos Cool Ranch Tortilla Chips or Cheese not Tillamook Extra Sharp White Cheddar.

Good Luck!

Edited: April 15, 2021, 8:00 am
Crested Butte...
Level Contributor
31 posts
5 reviews
6 helpful votes
4. Re: Grocery Delivery
Save

Thanks everyone. We tried to work with our property owner and his cook, but it was getting very complicated, involving the cook opening a Paypal account, renting a van, and 2-3 helpers. We actually found what seems to be an amazing service - Busy Burro www.busyburro.com. They so far have been extremely helpful and accommodating. Expats from Colorado so nothing lost in translation so far. Thanks again for all of your input.

Alameda, California
Level Contributor
368 posts
1 review
2 helpful votes
5. Re: Grocery Delivery
Save

So glad you found something! Definitely noted for future use.

Reply to: Grocery Delivery
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sayulita
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.