We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is anyone familiar with this villa?

8 posts
1 review
3 helpful votes
is anyone familiar with this villa?
Save

Would love some feedback on this villa https://www.vrbo.com/441530?adultsCount=6&arrival=2021-06-17&departure=2021-06-21&unitId=1024601

and also the restaurant http://xochisayulita.com/ for a special dinner.

7 replies to this topic
Sayulita
Level Contributor
1,738 posts
34 reviews
24 helpful votes
1. Re: is anyone familiar with this villa?
Save

I don't know the house but it's located in Punta Sayulita at the south end of the bay. It looks beautiful but depending on when you're there, it could be very chilly as I see there are no windows to keep out the cold and wind. I'm not sure how many houses are in the community (10?) but 5 of them are for sale right now.

Xochi is a new restaurant on the plaza, second floor with a third floor where every Thursday they have a very loud Cuban band playing. I'm not sure what it would be like to be one floor down enjoying your meal. I've never been but friends who have are divided. Some love it ("best steaks ever!") and some leave disappointed, feeling cheated by the price. Perhaps before actually booking, you could go up and have a look at the room, the menu, and get a feel for it.

Alameda, California
Level Contributor
368 posts
1 review
2 helpful votes
2. Re: is anyone familiar with this villa?
Save

I'm not familiar specifically with the house either....but, like Harry, I know the general area/development. It's in a wonderful location but...damn...that rental price is high. I hope this rate doesn't become standard for a 3 bedroom in Sayulita. Just for the sake of comparison...we stayed next door to this one in June 2020 and it looks amazing: https://www.sayulitalife.com/brissa-casa Also this one... https://www.sayulitalife.com/mucho-gusto

8 posts
1 review
3 helpful votes
3. Re: is anyone familiar with this villa?
Save

Thank you for your response. We are trying to decide between this rental, and one in Punta Mita. SO many people have scared us because of the "sayulita sickness", so we are divided. Are you familiar with PM? What are the pros and cons of each?

8 posts
1 review
3 helpful votes
4. Re: is anyone familiar with this villa?
Save

I actually dont think this house is in Punta Sayulita (we looked at those too),this is above the main beach. There was a claim that it was noisy, so bring ear plugs. We are coming in June, so it will be HOT.

Any other fave spots in Sayulita or surrounding area?

Sayulita
Level Contributor
1,738 posts
34 reviews
24 helpful votes
5. Re: is anyone familiar with this villa?
Save

The "Sayulita Sickness" is old news and I'm sorry that people are still wary of coming because of it. If you read recent posts you will see that hardly anybody is talking about it now. There was, for example, a large wedding here a couple of weeks ago which was described by the bride as "perfect", with no mention of sickness. Weddings used to be the hardest hit so I think you can use that as a good gauge.

I can't really comment on Punta Mita other than to say it is completely different to Sayulita.

Alameda, California
Level Contributor
368 posts
1 review
2 helpful votes
6. Re: is anyone familiar with this villa?
Save

Punta Mita is more like luxurious all inclusive resorts...Sayulita is more like bohemian Mexican beach town. They are (as Harry says) so different it's impossible to compare them. Visit sayulitalife.com for a better understanding of Sayulita. If Sayulita is more of your jam, please don't let the "Sayulita sickness" deter you. As Harry said, it's old news. Yes, Americans often get sick when traveling to Mexico but no more so in Sayulita than any other Mexican village. Honestly, if it's still holding you back then I recommend skipping Mexico altogether and just going to Las Vegas.

Alameda, California
Level Contributor
368 posts
1 review
2 helpful votes
7. Re: is anyone familiar with this villa?
Save

Again....look at Sayulitalife.com for rentals. You'll be more able to see the actual location of the house rather than just the general area. Plus Sayulitalife.com is local, so the risk of getting bait and switch is much lower than VRBO or AirBnB.

Reply to: is anyone familiar with this villa?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sayulita
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.