We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zatar?

Alameda, California
Level Contributor
363 posts
1 review
2 helpful votes
Zatar?
Save

We usually travel in June and every year we just miss the restaurant Zatar as they close for the season. Last November I think they were closed due to COVID. Are they open now? If yes...for how long? I'm hoping we can finally visit this bucket list restaurant in April/May 2021.

www.sayulitslife.com/zatar

6 replies to this topic
Sayulita
Level Contributor
1,738 posts
34 reviews
24 helpful votes
1. Re: Zatar?
Save

Zatar has not been open at all this year, from what I can tell (unless my timing is just off). Their site says "temporarily closed". I doubt they'll be open when you're here but they've always opened at unusual times. Perhaps you could send them a message on Facebook or through their website.

Alameda, California
Level Contributor
363 posts
1 review
2 helpful votes
2. Re: Zatar?
Save

Thanks Harry. What about El Conejo? They were remodeling in Oct./Nov....hoping they have reopened.

Edited: April 01, 2021, 2:47 am
Sayulita
Level Contributor
1,738 posts
34 reviews
24 helpful votes
3. Re: Zatar?
Save

El Conejo has become El Tiburón, new owner, new menu, etc. It is not one of my recommended places and it is taking its time finding its footing. Stop by and check out the menu and see what you think.

Alameda, California
Level Contributor
363 posts
1 review
2 helpful votes
4. Re: Zatar?
Save

Thanks Harry. My least favorite thing about Sayulita is how quickly everything changes.

Alameda, California
Level Contributor
363 posts
1 review
2 helpful votes
5. Re: Zatar?
Save

This just in...Zatar is dealing with a "serious family health issue" and will most likely not open this year.

Sayulita
Level Contributor
1,738 posts
34 reviews
24 helpful votes
6. Re: Zatar?
Save

Thanks for checking and reporting back. I hadn't heard about it. I hope all goes well for them.

Reply to: Zatar?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sayulita
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.