We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

COVID test at Puerto Vallarta Airport

2 posts
COVID test at Puerto Vallarta Airport
Save

Wondering if anyone has done the pre-flight rapid tests offered at the airport. These seem to be convenient and most affordable but I'm wondering if the results really are within 30 minutes so you don't miss your flight. Would love to hear from anyone that has gone this route. Thanks.

6 replies to this topic
Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
23 posts
3 reviews
3 helpful votes
1. Re: COVID test at Puerto Vallarta Airport
Save

We did it a month ago. We did indeed get the results (by email) in 30 minutes, but the line to get tested was fairly long- it took another 30 minutes or so to get the test.

We cut it pretty close and barely were able to check our bags in time, so definitely give yourself extra time for it. It is way cheaper than getting tested elsewhere though ($25 USD)

Alameda, California
Level Contributor
352 posts
1 review
2 helpful votes
2. Re: COVID test at Puerto Vallarta Airport
Save

Ug...it's such a dilemma. I have a large group and would really prefer to already have our tests in hand when we get to the airport. But the cost difference is HUGE...especially for 8 people. Like...what if someone gets a false positive? Getting tested at PVR gives me little to no time to fix it.

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
23 posts
3 reviews
3 helpful votes
3. Re: COVID test at Puerto Vallarta Airport
Save

From what I’ve read, false positives are a little more likely with the antigen tests than PCR. But still, in a small group it’s really unlikely that would be an issue.

Either way it’s just pay your money and make your choice. People could get a PCR test early enough to get back the results before flying, spend a lot more, and still test positive- falsely or correctly.

Things can go wrong no matter what- this is just my outlook, but I’d rather just assume everyone is fine and the tests come back negative. I had my worries too- it would be a huge pain to find out that you couldn’t get on your planned flight!

2 posts
4. Re: COVID test at Puerto Vallarta Airport
Save

Thanks for your reply. Helpful to hear about wait times.

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias
Level Contributor
1,755 posts
287 reviews
94 helpful votes
5. Re: COVID test at Puerto Vallarta Airport
Save

The CMQ in Bucerías does testing and you could do it on your way to the airport rather that chance a big line there or the day before. Just a suggestion.

Leavenworth, Kansas
Level Contributor
3,250 posts
230 reviews
465 helpful votes
6. Re: COVID test at Puerto Vallarta Airport
Save

I would recommend getting the test at least the day before, perhaps two days before. This would prevent any rush and if there was a problem perhaps a way to correct it.

Reply to: COVID test at Puerto Vallarta Airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sayulita
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.