We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels for Family - Mackinac City, MI

Bartlett, Illinois
Level Contributor
1 post
52 reviews
15 helpful votes
Hotels for Family - Mackinac City, MI
Save

Traveling to Mackinac City this summer with my family which includes younger kids. Looking for hotel recommendations. There are so many that hard to know where to stay. Any recommendations from experience would be great.

2 replies to this topic
chicago
Level Contributor
12,170 posts
27 reviews
40 helpful votes
1. Re: Hotels for Family - Mackinac City, MI
Save

My daughter loves The Beach House.

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Mackinac Island, Mackinaw City, Kansas
Level Contributor
6,205 posts
275 reviews
307 helpful votes
2. Re: Hotels for Family - Mackinac City, MI
Save

With the exception of Holiday Inn Express and Baymont by Wyndham, you will probably be happier with the motels which are not affiliated with national chains. I can recommend those two as well as Rainbow, Lamplighter, Clearwater Lakeshore, Riviera, American Boutique Inn Lakeview, Deer Head Inn and Beachcomber Motel.

Many of the larger motels have the same owner and have a lesser reputation for customer satisfaction. If you look at their ratings on Google, they pretty much all get less than 4 stars, some much less.

Reply to: Hotels for Family - Mackinac City, MI
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Mackinaw City
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.