We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sept. 10-14 looking for fun from mackinaw to munsing

Dowagiac, Michigan
13 posts
Sept. 10-14 looking for fun from mackinaw to munsing
Save

Looking for some fun from mackinaw to munsing with a 5 and 8 yr. old.

2 replies to this topic
Holland, Michigan
Level Contributor
87 posts
16 reviews
8 helpful votes
1. Re: Sept. 10-14 looking for fun from mackinaw to munsing
Save

Without knowing where you’re coming from and where your spending your nights, I can tell you activities my family with 3 kids (ages 3-11) have enjoyed when we visit UP. Garlyn Zoo on US-2 (also pretty drive, include it either on your way up or drive down), Oswald Bear Ranch, Tahquamenon Falls (there are Lower and Upper, stop at at least one of them, if not both), and Pictured Rocks (Miners Beach, Miners Castle overlook and Miners Falls are all short hikes, perfect for young kids). We also like Great Lakes Shipwreck museum and the Soo Locks, but may better for school-age kids. And Mackinac island, of course. We always stay Mission Point resort, it’s a short walk away from the busy downtown and is very family-friendly, with the outdoor pool and great lawn in the front for picnics and stretching their legs.

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Mackinac Island, Mackinaw City, Kansas
Level Contributor
6,305 posts
284 reviews
311 helpful votes
2. Re: Sept. 10-14 looking for fun from mackinaw to munsing
Save

Castle Rock, just off I-75 on the north side of St. Ignace, should be a fun stop. Another quick fun stop is the Cut River Bridge on US 2.

Tahquamenon Falls is great, but will probably add 2.5 hours between the time there and the extra drive time. It is well worth it, if your schedue permits.

Reply to: Sept. 10-14 looking for fun from mackinaw to munsing
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Mackinaw City
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.