We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Old town" Naples

Minnesota
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Topic
"Old town" Naples

Could you tell us about the "old town" part of Naples? Someone told us that it would be a beautiful area to visit when we stay in Naples two nights in Feb. My husband and I will be staying at the Holiday Inn Naples (1100 Tamiami Trail North). We will be seeing the Everglades, but will have about a half a day that we can enjoy the city of Naples. Where is this "old town", and are there any things to visit that we should not miss? It is our first time to Naples. Thanks so much.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,040 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: "Old town" Naples

I am assuming you you mean Old Naples when you speak of Old Town Naples. Generally, I would think of downtown Naples which consist of Fifth Avenue South and Third Street South. There is lots of shopping and dining in that area. Google Fifth Avenue South and Third Street South for websites and info.

For things to do you can go to the beach for a beautiful sunset, the Naples Conservancy or Corkscrew Sancutary for all things natural and beautiful. Again, google the names and all web addresses will pop up.

Naples, FL
Level Contributor
334 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: "Old town" Naples

I always thought of Old Naples as the 3rd street south area. Then downtown Naples as 5th ave. Its all very close (walkable even). You will have a great time

cheers

MenuGuy

rochester, ny
Level Contributor
114 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: "Old town" Naples

Another area sometimes referred to as 'old Naples' is the area around the city docks near where the Dock restaurant and Cove motel are located (where S 12th Ave meets the Gordon River). All of these areas are good for walking, eating and shopping. There is usually music on Thurs evenings on 3rd or 5th from 7pm - 9pm

OnondagaHill
Level Contributor
62 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: "Old town" Naples

Definitely go to the City Dock area. Grab a pizza at Neopolitan Pizza shop and sit at the dock watching the boats while eating your food. Go along 10th Ave, lots of thrift stores, antique stores. Go over to Lowdermilk Beach park. There is so much to do in Naples. Have fun.

5. Re: "Old town" Naples

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: October 17, 2009, 5:18 am
Get answers to your questions about Naples