We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AC Miami Beach vs Marriott Hollywood Beach

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
31 posts
7 reviews
2 helpful votes
AC Miami Beach vs Marriott Hollywood Beach
Save

Hi, just trying to decide between these two hotels for a four night stay in late May. The AC is way less points so I’m leaning that way but not sure about the immediate area - are there lots of restaurant and bar options within walking distance? We have stayed at the Marriott in Hollywood before and it was fine, the nightlife around there is a little cheesy for me but the beach was relatively quiet and the pool area is nice. I’m less familiar with Miami Beach so any advice would be appreciated! Just looking for a nice pool, easy beach access, nice restaurants and bars without a crazy/super young scene. Especially interested if anyone stayed in either of them recently as I’m not 100% sure what Covid restrictions are in place around the amenities. Thanks!

1 reply
Miami Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
9,639 posts
7 reviews
5 helpful votes
1. Re: AC Miami Beach vs Marriott Hollywood Beach
Save

I have not stayed at either one, so commenting mainly von location. The AC is a newer hotel in mid beach, near 29 Street. The reviews seem quite good, and it is a block from a nice beach. The Beachwalk has re-opened and is a nice option for walking/biking.

The biking option may be of value because the AC is a mile north of south beach, where most of the restaurants, shops, people and other attractions are. There are a few small restaurants across the Collins Ave from the AC, but most are a half mile to a mile south. There is a free trolley on Collins to get around.

I think you should try the AC. It’s a good hotel and even though a bit off the main strip it is a good way to sample Miami Beach.

Reply to: AC Miami Beach vs Marriott Hollywood Beach
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Miami Beach
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.