We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Miami for Hurricanes game with tweens

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
2 posts
44 reviews
34 helpful votes
Miami for Hurricanes game with tweens
Save

Hi all. We have a family of 4 (13 and 11 yr olds) that are looking to head to Miami in Sept for a Hurricanes football game, possibly a Mariners game, and then some beach time. Any suggestions on an affordable place on or close to the beach? We don't want to spend $300/night for a hotel. We are pretty flexible with the actual beach location.

1 reply
United States
Level Contributor
74 posts
2 reviews
5 helpful votes
1. Re: Miami for Hurricanes game with tweens
Save

I think you meant the Miami Marlins baseball team and, indeed, the Pirates play the Marlins in Miami during September.

I prefer hotels with kitchens whenever I travel with family. Nice to not eat out every meal, including breakfast. Nice to have a fridge whenever you might want something to drink.

Many booking sites allow you to search for lodging units with kitchens, although some hotels with kitchens (like the Park Royal where I stay) do not seem to appear after doing such a search. But I would wait a while before booking because it seems that many hotels are charging multiples of what they normally charge for May through October units because demand caused by stimulus checks and post-pandemic cabin fever has led to hopefully temporary sky high prices.

Reply to: Miami for Hurricanes game with tweens
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Miami Beach
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.