We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What geographical area to stay

Avon, OH
Level Contributor
38 posts
2 reviews
1 helpful vote
What geographical area to stay
Save

2 girlfriends coming to Miami in mid May. Trying to stay for less than $200/night and using rental sites to help. But I am not sure what area we should target. We are late 40's like food and drink and checking new things. Can you direct me to the best area to target?

1 reply
Miami Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
9,598 posts
7 reviews
5 helpful votes
1. Re: What geographical area to stay
Save

First visit?

I recommend staying in south beach, which is the southernmost 2.5 miles of Miami Beach, south of 23 Street. Miami Beach is a separate city from Miami, on an island about 3 miles offshore, but well connected by bridges.

More specifically within south beach, you’ll find the section between 15 and 23 Streets most convenient for walking to shops and restaurants on Lincoln Road Mall. Next best is south of fifth street, quieter and more upscale, then 5 to 15 Streets is the busiest and noisiest.

Check the hotel search engines, and booking.com, vrbo.com, airbnb.com, keeping in mind private condo rentals can be variable quality. Within 1 to 4 blocks of the beach is best.

Please post back if you have specific questions.

Reply to: What geographical area to stay
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.