We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation Company Recommendations

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
6 posts
30 reviews
4 helpful votes
Transportation Company Recommendations
Save

I am looking for recommendations on transportation companies to take me and two friends from Miami international airport to Fontainebleau.

I have contacted approximately 7 to 10 companies in search of limousine service, and I only received two quotes back.

Please post your suggestions!

3 replies to this topic
United States
Level Contributor
69 posts
2 reviews
5 helpful votes
1. Re: Transportation Company Recommendations
Save

I don't really know about limousine companies and, if that's a necessary means by which you might travel from the Airport to Miami Beach, have at it!

But just be aware that there is an express bus, number 150, that goes from the Airport bus terminal (accessed by the Airport people mover...just follow the ground transportation signs) to Miami Beach for free (at least for now as it's my understanding that they will resume charging the 2 dollars plus pre-Covid fare as of June 1) . Depending on what hour you get to the Miami Airport will determine how long you wait to depart. The bus ride is 15 to 20 minutes in duration as the Airport is very close to Miami Beach.

In fact, the entire Miami-Dade transportation system is free so hop on and hop off the appropriate bus to get anywhere in Miami Beach and beyond (metrobus, metrorail, and metro mover).

How to learn how to get around? Just access Google maps as you would if you were driving and select the public transportation icon OR download Go Miami into your cell phone OR simply call 311 while you're in the Miami area or call their 305 area code number if you're calling from outside the area.

Just be aware that Google maps makes it appear that you have to take an uber or lyft to get to the Airport bus terminal. You don't as the rolling belts and the people mover train will get you there free of charge in minutes.

United States
Level Contributor
69 posts
2 reviews
5 helpful votes
2. Re: Transportation Company Recommendations
Save

And, by the way, that 150 bus has "under the bus" luggage loading capability so no need to lug multiple pieces of luggage into the seating area.

Miami Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
9,599 posts
7 reviews
5 helpful votes
3. Re: Transportation Company Recommendations
Save

Contact SuperShuttle, they have the contract for shuttle service from the airport.

Alternately, skip the shuttle and just get a cab from the curb outside baggage claim. They are always lined up waiting, and the fare to the Fontainebleau is a flat rate $37+tip for the entire group.

Reply to: Transportation Company Recommendations
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Miami Beach
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.